Outlook -> VMSMail - VMS

This is a discussion on Outlook -> VMSMail - VMS ; I have all my mail folders going back 10 years in Outlook. I would like to also use soyMAIL but that requires at least being able to convert to VMSMail. Is anyone aware of a tool to do this? Tom ...

  1. Outlook -> VMSMail

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  2. Re: Outlook -> VMSMail

    In article , "Tom Linden" writes:

    >I have all my mail folders going back 10 years in Outlook. I would like to
    >also use soyMAIL but that requires at least being able to convert to
    >VMSMail.
    >
    >Is anyone aware of a tool to do this?

    No but if I wrote one, how much would you be willing to pay for it?

    I'd do most anything to see even just one person stop using a Micro$hit
    product. I hang out in the Apple store in the local mall. I have sold
    more Macs to people and I'm not even an employee! Getting somebody
    off of Weendoze is payment enough.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: Outlook -> VMSMail

    Tom Linden wrote:
    > I have all my mail folders going back 10 years in Outlook. I would like to
    > also use soyMAIL but that requires at least being able to convert to
    > VMSMail.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of a tool to do this?
    >
    > Tom

    Forward each one to VMS Mail! The last time I looked, VMS Mail did NOT
    do attachments so you may lose any that you have. Also, the last time I
    looked, VMS Mail did not do HTML.

    Somehow, I doubt that you will be happy with the results even if you do
    manage to do it!

  4. Re: Outlook -> VMSMail

    Tom Linden wrote:
    > I have all my mail folders going back 10 years in Outlook. I would like to
    > also use soyMAIL but that requires at least being able to convert to
    > VMSMail.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of a tool to do this?

    I don't know if it is possible in outlook, what is possible in
    Thunderbird: move messages between different accounts/folders.
    it has a message->Move_to_folder menu entry:
    Open Your VMS account via IMAP, then for each folder select all, move to
    VMS folder.

    --

    Joseph Huber - http://www.huber-joseph.de

  5. Re: Outlook -> VMSMail

    In article <474C2B06.9040603@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:

    >Tom Linden wrote:
    >> I have all my mail folders going back 10 years in Outlook. I would like to
    >> also use soyMAIL but that requires at least being able to convert to
    >> VMSMail.
    >>
    >> Is anyone aware of a tool to do this?
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>

    >Forward each one to VMS Mail! The last time I looked, VMS Mail did NOT
    >do attachments so you may lose any that you have. Also, the last time I
    >looked, VMS Mail did not do HTML.

    If he forwards a message with attachments and or HTML (yikes) VMS Mail will
    accept that message. He will be able to use VMS Mail to read the textual
    parts of the message. All of the other pieces will likely be Base-64 en-
    coded. VMS Mail will maintain the messages and attachments, it does *not*
    interpret it.

    Also, he wants to use soyMail, IIRC from the initial post. The mail will
    be extracted from the VMS Mail folder and formatted for presentation with
    the soyMail's formatting for web browser viewing.

    >Somehow, I doubt that you will be happy with the results even if you do
    >manage to do it!

    Why? People get and send email with attachments through SMTP/POP/IMAP on
    VMS boxes. As far as VMS Mail is concerned, the body of the file is just
    a very large text file is an attachment or it contains a multi-part (html,
    etc.) section.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread