Re: A Look Ahead to 2008 - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: A Look Ahead to 2008 - VMS ; Sic Transit Gloria Mundi. David J Dachtera wrote on 11/18/2007 10:26:51 PM: > As I mentioned to Sue in another post, 2008 marks the year that my current > (healthcare) site begins to phase out VMS completely. We're moving > ...

  1. Re: A Look Ahead to 2008

    Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

    David J Dachtera wrote on 11/18/2007 10:26:51
    PM:

    > As I mentioned to Sue in another post, 2008 marks the year that my

    current
    > (healthcare) site begins to phase out VMS completely. We're moving
    > to IBM+AIX on
    > p5-Series.
    >
    > On a more personal note, I'll be focusing on non-EDP related pursuits

    with the
    > dawn of the new year. I need to find creative ways fund our retirement

    and
    > arrange for my wife to open her bead shop. When I do surf the

    EDP-related
    > newsgroups, it will likely be on comp.unix.aix.
    >
    > I expect to continue my current hosting arrangements which support
    > djesys.com as
    > well as my personal pages on Earthlink. So, those will continue to go

    further
    > stale but will remain available for at least the years thru 31-Dec-2010.
    >
    > I want to thank the many who have helped me with all my technical issues

    over
    > the years, express my continued support to those who have benefitted

    from my
    > experience, and also apologize for having "gotten into it" those
    > many times when
    > ego and emotion won out over common sense.
    >
    > A bit early perhaps, wishing all a Wonderful Holiday Season as well as a
    > prosperous and health-filled New Year.
    >
    > --
    > David J Dachtera
    > dba DJE Systems
    > http://www.djesys.com/
    >
    > Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page:
    > http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  2. Re: A Look Ahead to 2008

    norm.raphael@metso.com wrote:

    > Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

    Tuesday is usually worse! ;-)

  3. Re: A Look Ahead to 2008

    In article <4742600B.2020005@comcast.net>, rgilbert88@comcast.net
    says...
    > norm.raphael@metso.com wrote:
    > >
    > > Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.
    > >

    > Tuesday is usually worse! ;-)

    Wasn't it Kate Mundi and Pat Tuesday? (And don't forget
    George Frankly.)

    --
    John

+ Reply to Thread