"Mysterious" system crashes - VMS

This is a discussion on "Mysterious" system crashes - VMS ; VAXman- wrote: > In article , bradhamilton writes: > >> >>Richard B. Gilbert wrote: >>[...] >> >>>Do you have a dump file? SYS$SYSTEM:SYSDUMP.DMP >>>Is a dump being written to it? >> >>RABBIT::SYSTEM$ dir/dat=(cre,mod) sys$system:sysdump.dmp >> >>Directory SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSEXE] >> >>SYSDUMP.DMP;2 245215/245248 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

  1. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    VAXman- wrote:
    > In article <473CF41C.1060500@comcast.net>, bradhamilton writes:
    >

    >>Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >>[...]
    >>
    >>>Do you have a dump file? SYS$SYSTEM:SYSDUMP.DMP
    >>>Is a dump being written to it?

    >>RABBIT::SYSTEM$ dir/dat=(cre,mod) sys$system:sysdump.dmp
    >>
    >>Directory SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSEXE]
    >>
    >>SYSDUMP.DMP;2 245215/245248 28-DEC-2002 23:33:40.29
    >>12-NOV-2006 22:20
    >>:02.28
    >>
    >>Not for a year or so...
    >>

    >>>Note that your family might not even notice a "power glitch" that could
    >>>cause a computer to reboot.

    >>True.
    >>
    >>After the second question this evening, my wife asked, "No we haven't
    >>had a power problem - why? Are you expecting one??" :-)
    >>
    >>She always gets a glazed-over look in her eye when my explanations are
    >>too detailed or technical, so I've learned to keep my questions (and
    >>answers) simple. :-) :-)
    >>

    >>>Invest in a UPS. Small units, suitable for PCs and workstations can
    >>>frequently be found at flea markets or yard sales. I've seen them up to
    >>>1000 VA. If you buy used you may have to replace the battery which,
    >>>depending on the size of the unit, may cost you anywhere from $25 to
    >>>$100 US. Note that automobile batteries are NOT suitable for this
    >>>service!!!

    >>Yes, I've thought about the "small" APC units that I see for sale at HW
    >>stores, but I've never experienced these problems until this week, so I
    >>never saw a need for one. I guess I'll price some units (keeping in
    >>mind that I need to match capacity with my estimated power draw from the
    >>CPU, disks and disk shelves). My wife keeps asking me what I want for
    >>Yule - perhaps I have a legitimate need...

    > I have written and I have been selling (no, it hasn't made me wealthy)
    > software for VMS and APC's UPS units. I often do not see glitches in
    > line power that the APC and the software report. I can be working and,
    > if not for the email reports I have the software report, I would never
    > know there was a power event.
    >
    > FWIW, get:
    >
    > APC's Smart UPS
    > ---------------
    > APC's Back UPS

    FWIW, many years ago at Princeton University we had a small UPS
    supporting a PDP11. It had an alphanumeric display on which it reported
    all power "events". The power grid in Princeton didn't QUITE date back
    to Thomas Edison and the display showed dozens of events per day; e.g.
    brownouts, dropouts, etc. Most lasted for less than one second (much less).

    Of course there was the time when some asshole connected a five hundred
    ampere load to a 300 ampere circuit. . . . The circuit breaker exploded
    (literally) and we were down for a little more than 24 hours while the
    mess was cleaned up and the circuit breaker replaced.

    I believe that the APC "Smart UPS" conditions power in the sense that it
    will maintain rated voltage during a brownout. The "BackUPS" is cheaper
    and somewhat less functional. Since I have computers hidden all over
    the house (2 VAX, 2 Alpha, 4 Sun, three desktop PCs, and a Laptop), I
    have six UPSs of various sizes. We never notice when the power company
    burps and we have time to get a clean shutdown when the power goes out
    for real. Three are "trash picks", one was purchased at a yard sale,
    one at the "Trenton Computer Festival" and one from CompUSA. All but
    the one purchased "New" required replacement batteries.

  2. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    In article <473DC50E.8030903@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    {..snip...}
    >I believe that the APC "Smart UPS" conditions power in the sense that it
    >will maintain rated voltage during a brownout. The "BackUPS" is cheaper
    > and somewhat less functional. Since I have computers hidden all over
    >the house (2 VAX, 2 Alpha, 4 Sun, three desktop PCs, and a Laptop), I
    >have six UPSs of various sizes. We never notice when the power company
    >burps and we have time to get a clean shutdown when the power goes out
    >for real. Three are "trash picks", one was purchased at a yard sale,
    >one at the "Trenton Computer Festival" and one from CompUSA. All but
    >the one purchased "New" required replacement batteries.

    When were you last at the Trenton Computer Festival? I went to one many
    years ago. If you go again, let me know so we can meet up.

    Back to the topic. The Smart-UPS have an upper and lower transfer voltage
    at which points the UPS will provide power to the load if exceeded. The
    Smart-UPS units do not run full-time to provide conditioned power. I do
    believe that that feature is avainable in their bigger (Symmetra) units.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    Brad,

    what's the setting of the console environment variable AUTO_ACTION ?

    $ WRITE SYS$OUTPUT F$GETENV("AUTO_ACTION")

    If it's set to HALT, the system would remain on the console prompt
    after a powerfail.

    If it's set to BOOT, the system will boot after a powerfail OR an
    unexpected HALT instruction issued in kernel mode.

    If it's set to RESTART, the system will restart after an unexpected
    HALT, but write a restart-crash ! And it will boot after a powerfail
    (if memory contents has not been preserved).

    For maximum availability and troubleshooting information, consider
    setting

    >>> set auto_action restart

    To make sure your dumpfile setup is correct and works, try forcing a
    system crash. Type CTRL-P at the console or press the HALT button, to
    get the the console prompt (>>>). Then type >>> CRASH and watch the
    system write the dump and boot. If all goes well, ther WILL be a CLUE
    file and an entry in CLUE$HISTORY afterwards...

    Volker.

  4. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    VAXman- wrote:
    > In article <473DC50E.8030903@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    > {..snip...}
    >
    >>I believe that the APC "Smart UPS" conditions power in the sense that it
    >>will maintain rated voltage during a brownout. The "BackUPS" is cheaper
    >> and somewhat less functional. Since I have computers hidden all over
    >>the house (2 VAX, 2 Alpha, 4 Sun, three desktop PCs, and a Laptop), I
    >>have six UPSs of various sizes. We never notice when the power company
    >>burps and we have time to get a clean shutdown when the power goes out
    >>for real. Three are "trash picks", one was purchased at a yard sale,
    >>one at the "Trenton Computer Festival" and one from CompUSA. All but
    >>the one purchased "New" required replacement batteries.

    > When were you last at the Trenton Computer Festival? I went to one many
    > years ago. If you go again, let me know so we can meet up.

    I've gone to just about every TCF in the last fifteen years. I saw a
    VAX-11/750 for sale one year (I didn't buy it.) I also saw a genuine
    Bazooka rocket launcher but didn't buy that either.

    I missed last year for some reason but will probably go next year. I
    used to go to the computer shows held at the Cherry Hill race track.
    What they are now holding at the armory are so pitiful as to be a
    complete waste of time.

    I'm about a mile from the spot where route 42 and the Atlantic City
    Express Way diverge. Where are you?

  5. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    In article <473DDAF0.1010001@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:

    >VAXman- wrote:
    >> In article <473DC50E.8030903@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >> {..snip...}
    >>
    >>>I believe that the APC "Smart UPS" conditions power in the sense that it
    >>>will maintain rated voltage during a brownout. The "BackUPS" is cheaper
    >>> and somewhat less functional. Since I have computers hidden all over
    >>>the house (2 VAX, 2 Alpha, 4 Sun, three desktop PCs, and a Laptop), I
    >>>have six UPSs of various sizes. We never notice when the power company
    >>>burps and we have time to get a clean shutdown when the power goes out
    >>>for real. Three are "trash picks", one was purchased at a yard sale,
    >>>one at the "Trenton Computer Festival" and one from CompUSA. All but
    >>>the one purchased "New" required replacement batteries.

    >> When were you last at the Trenton Computer Festival? I went to one many
    >> years ago. If you go again, let me know so we can meet up.

    >I've gone to just about every TCF in the last fifteen years. I saw a
    >VAX-11/750 for sale one year (I didn't buy it.) I also saw a genuine
    >Bazooka rocket launcher but didn't buy that either.
    >
    >I missed last year for some reason but will probably go next year. I
    >used to go to the computer shows held at the Cherry Hill race track.
    >What they are now holding at the armory are so pitiful as to be a
    >complete waste of time.
    >
    >I'm about a mile from the spot where route 42 and the Atlantic City
    >Express Way diverge. Where are you?

    Cool. I'm in Jackson. About 3 miles west of Rt-526 and Rt-9 and
    about 30 minutes east of Trenton via I-195

    We were down in your area not too long ago to take my son to visit
    the Academy of Culinary Arts: http://www.atlantic.edu/ACA

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  6. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    VAXman- wrote:
    > In article <473DDAF0.1010001@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >

    >>VAXman- wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <473DC50E.8030903@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >>>{..snip...}

    >>>When were you last at the Trenton Computer Festival? I went to one many
    >>>years ago. If you go again, let me know so we can meet up.

    >>I've gone to just about every TCF in the last fifteen years. I saw a
    >>VAX-11/750 for sale one year (I didn't buy it.) I also saw a genuine
    >>Bazooka rocket launcher but didn't buy that either.
    >>
    >>I missed last year for some reason but will probably go next year. I
    >>used to go to the computer shows held at the Cherry Hill race track.
    >>What they are now holding at the armory are so pitiful as to be a
    >>complete waste of time.
    >>
    >>I'm about a mile from the spot where route 42 and the Atlantic City
    >>Express Way diverge. Where are you?

    > Cool. I'm in Jackson. About 3 miles west of Rt-526 and Rt-9 and
    > about 30 minutes east of Trenton via I-195
    >
    > We were down in your area not too long ago to take my son to visit
    > the Academy of Culinary Arts: http://www.atlantic.edu/ACA

    Well, if you expect to be in the area, drop me an e-mail and maybe we
    can get together without waiting for TCF. We have a little more in
    common than an interest in VMS. A1C for instance! :-)

  7. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    In article <473DE134.7040407@comcast.net>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    {...snip...}
    >Well, if you expect to be in the area, drop me an e-mail and maybe we
    >can get together without waiting for TCF. We have a little more in
    >common than an interest in VMS. A1C for instance! :-)

    Mine's at 6.1. However, I just got a call from my Dr. after a visit
    there yesterday and some blood work. My Hb AIc may be 6.1 but my PT/INR
    is way way way too high.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  8. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    Volker Halle wrote:
    > Brad,
    >
    > what's the setting of the console environment variable AUTO_ACTION ?
    >
    > $ WRITE SYS$OUTPUT F$GETENV("AUTO_ACTION")
    >
    > If it's set to HALT, the system would remain on the console prompt
    > after a powerfail.
    >
    > If it's set to BOOT, the system will boot after a powerfail OR an
    > unexpected HALT instruction issued in kernel mode.
    >
    > If it's set to RESTART, the system will restart after an unexpected
    > HALT, but write a restart-crash ! And it will boot after a powerfail
    > (if memory contents has not been preserved).
    >
    > For maximum availability and troubleshooting information, consider
    > setting

    > To make sure your dumpfile setup is correct and works, try forcing a
    > system crash. Type CTRL-P at the console or press the HALT button, to
    > get the the console prompt (>>>). Then type >>> CRASH and watch the
    > system write the dump and boot. If all goes well, ther WILL be a CLUE
    > file and an entry in CLUE$HISTORY afterwards...
    >
    > Volker.

    Just to answer a couple of questions here -

    auto_action is set to restart, and has been for as long as I remember.
    When I was coming home from the "daily crash", the system was already
    back up and completing its various shadow merges.

    Someone else asked about a serial console, which I do have set up via
    reverse TELNET via a DECserver 90. I sometimes (not always) have a
    TELNET session into the DECserver from my linux laptop, and monitor the
    console port in that way. The first two days, I had suspended my laptop
    while away at work, so I was not able to "capture" any console output.
    The day of the most recent crash, I had deliberately left my laptop
    connected to my console, and did not suspend the laptop while at work.
    When I came home, there was *no* console output at the time of the
    crash, just some OPCOM messages (unrelated) from many hours earlier.

  9. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    Doug Phillips wrote:

    [snip]

    > Electrical service, power supply, disk (or controller) and mother-
    > board are the only things I've ever had fail that caused reboots (or
    > crashes) and didn't leave some kind of trail. Disk problems usually
    > present other symptoms, too. Power service problems have been the
    > number one cause of "mysterious" behaviors I've seen and a UPS has
    > usually made them go away.

    One of my customer sites was having occasional random reboots. (About
    once a month.) Only one system was affected of the 6 on site (and
    hundreds of others we have nothing to do with.) Telco, giant UPS,
    standby generators, the works.

    I think it was memory or a memory daughter card they ultimately
    replaced and the reboots stopped happening. I don't remember if
    this was an ES40 or an AlphaServer 4100.

    And I could be misremembering and confusing this incident with
    another one (at the same site), with one situation creating
    crash dumps that the field service org (not HP) couldn't diagnose,
    and the other situation causing reboots without a dump.

    And anyway, I think this did not ultimate turn out to be the cause,
    but it seemed a reasonable hypothesis at the time:: A bad OPC
    card or cable. The theory was an intermittent short was causing
    the firmware to think someone had pressed the HALT or RESET
    button on the front!

    It seemed like such a nice theory that I've been saving it.
    Maybe you've got the bad OPC. Try reseating the ribbon cables
    if possible, and or wiggling while the system is up to see if
    it causes a crash.

    Or maybe you've (Brad) got a cat that likes sleeping on the keyboard
    and presses ctrl/P followed by B!

    HTH

    --
    John Santos
    Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.

  10. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    John Santos wrote:
    [...]
    > Or maybe you've (Brad) got a cat that likes sleeping on the keyboard
    > and presses ctrl/P followed by B!

    I've got the cat:

    But he doesn't like the noise the system makes, and stays away from that
    room, even when I have the door open:

    Apologies for the lack of quality; I have no camera, and this picture
    was taken with my cell-phone camera in a relatively dark room.
    > HTH

  11. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    Brad,

    if there are no crash-related messages, there was no crash. Assuming
    CONSOLE = SERIAL.

    So after the old OPCOM messages, you just see the Alpha SRM init
    messages and then an OpenVMS boot - right ? This proves, that there
    was either an external power failure or some hardware problem (power-
    supply ?), which causes the console to re-init and - due to
    AUTO_ACTION = RESTART - to boot OpenVMS.

    Volker.

  12. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    back in the late 1980s, there was a bad power failure in Québec, power
    browning out for a number of seconds before total failure. ANA/ERROR on
    the all mighty Microvax II revealed memory parity errors during those
    few seconds.

    Because I was there at the time, I knew that the recorded errors had
    been due to the power problem and not failing memory chips. If you are
    not present at the time of the event, you may get misleading message
    from whatever replaced ANA/ERROR.

    (That power failure was in 1988 I think, and outlined the need for
    software to do load shedding when one or more power feeds suddently go
    offline, something wich Québec fixed back then, but which the north east
    USA and Ontario didn't start fixing until the big blackout of a couple
    summer ago).

  13. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    Volker Halle wrote:
    > Brad,
    >
    > if there are no crash-related messages, there was no crash. Assuming
    > CONSOLE = SERIAL.
    >
    > So after the old OPCOM messages, you just see the Alpha SRM init
    > messages and then an OpenVMS boot - right ? This proves, that there
    > was either an external power failure or some hardware problem (power-
    > supply ?), which causes the console to re-init and - due to
    > AUTO_ACTION = RESTART - to boot OpenVMS.

    Yes - my fault for using misleading language - I used "crash" to refer
    to a HW or SW reboot. This is most certainly a HW/Environment-related
    issue. I still have to clean out the dust bunnies, and re-seat the
    boards, however. Perhaps tonight. The external case (including the fan
    outlet and grilles) looks (surprisingly) dust free, considering where it
    "lives".
    > Volker.

  14. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    "bradhamilton" wrote in message
    > Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > [...]
    >> Do you have a dump file? SYS$SYSTEM:SYSDUMP.DMP
    >> Is a dump being written to it?

    > RABBIT::SYSTEM$ dir/dat=(cre,mod) sys$system:sysdump.dmp
    >
    > Directory SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSEXE]
    >
    > SYSDUMP.DMP;2 245215/245248 28-DEC-2002 23:33:40.29 12-NOV-2006
    > 22:20
    > :02.28

    Please remember that the system dump routines do NOT update the modified
    date/time of the system dump file. They only way to tell if the file
    contents have actually been changed is to analyze it. This little tidbit
    has caught out a number of VMS users.

  15. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    I experienced a similar problem once when the VMS machine (VAX) was on the
    same network where a
    printer was and someone from a PC printed a document, the VMS-machine just
    halted and booted again.

    ^P.Lj

    "bradhamilton" skrev i meddelandet
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Environment:
    >
    > Digital PWS433au
    > VMS V8.3 with the following patches:
    > UPDATE V4
    > SYS V5
    > LAN V2
    > TCPware V5.7-2, with all required patches
    >
    > This is a home hobbyist system. I've been experiencing "mysterious"
    > system reboots each day for the past four days (when I say "mysterious",
    > I mean that there is no CLUE$*.LIS files in sys$errorlog, and
    > no entries in the CLUE$history.dat file, either). There are no console
    > error messages that appear before the crashes.
    >
    > These crashes happen while I am away at work, so I guess the system
    > misses me. :-) They do not happen at the same time each day, and
    > questioning of family members that are home at the time reveal no
    > unusual "power" glitches.
    >
    > I recently patched the system each day after the crashes, with the OS
    > patches listed above. I have now downloaded SHADOWING V1 and FIBRE_SCSI
    > V3 (and will patch/reboot the system shortly), in a last desperate
    > attempt to abate the (seemingly) inevitable daily crash.
    >
    > A quick scan of the ITRC OpenVMS forum entries for the past 3 weeks
    > reveal nothing.
    >
    > Has anyone out there seen a "footprint" like this recently? My
    > apologies in advance for asking a technical question in this forum,
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > but I feel a sense of loyalty to this group, and I want to give you
    > folks first crack at this before I venture onto ITRC.
    >
    > TIA

  16. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    bradhamilton wrote in news:473EE8B0.5010008
    @comcast.net:

    > Volker Halle wrote:
    >> Brad,
    >>
    >> if there are no crash-related messages, there was no crash. Assuming
    >> CONSOLE = SERIAL.
    >>
    >> So after the old OPCOM messages, you just see the Alpha SRM init
    >> messages and then an OpenVMS boot - right ? This proves, that there
    >> was either an external power failure or some hardware problem (power-
    >> supply ?), which causes the console to re-init and - due to
    >> AUTO_ACTION = RESTART - to boot OpenVMS.

    > Yes - my fault for using misleading language - I used "crash" to refer
    > to a HW or SW reboot. This is most certainly a HW/Environment-related
    > issue. I still have to clean out the dust bunnies, and re-seat the
    > boards, however. Perhaps tonight. The external case (including the fan
    > outlet and grilles) looks (surprisingly) dust free, considering where it
    > "lives".
    >> Volker.

    Brad,
    I never saw the resolution.
    Did you try issuing a SHOW POWER command at the console prompt? (Maybe
    your system doesn't support that command.)

    Also, I've experienced circuit breaker problems in the past where the
    circuit breaker wouldn't trip, but there would be momentary loss of power.
    Since the only change that occurred to rectify the situation was
    replacement of the circuit breaker, that had to be my problem. I've not
    seen recurance since replacing the breaker about 8 years ago.

    Tad

  17. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    In article , Tad Winters writes:
    >{...snip...}
    >Also, I've experienced circuit breaker problems in the past where the
    >circuit breaker wouldn't trip, but there would be momentary loss of power.
    >Since the only change that occurred to rectify the situation was
    >replacement of the circuit breaker, that had to be my problem. I've not
    >seen recurance since replacing the breaker about 8 years ago.

    I have one of those. I keep hoping it will start the house ablaze so
    that I can collect my insurance pay out and get the hell out of this
    gawd forsaken rat hole known as NJ. Anywhere to the west (even just
    across the river would be better) and south would be fine.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  18. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    In article <47497B3A.8070609@comcast.net>, bradhamilton writes:

    >Tad Winters wrote:
    >> bradhamilton wrote in news:473EE8B0.5010008
    >> @comcast.net:

    >>> Yes - my fault for using misleading language - I used "crash" to refer
    >>> to a HW or SW reboot. This is most certainly a HW/Environment-related
    >>> issue. I still have to clean out the dust bunnies, and re-seat the
    >>> boards, however. Perhaps tonight. The external case (including the fan
    >>> outlet and grilles) looks (surprisingly) dust free, considering where it
    >>> "lives".
    >>>>

    >> Brad,
    >> I never saw the resolution.
    >> Did you try issuing a SHOW POWER command at the console prompt? (Maybe
    >> your system doesn't support that command.)

    >Hi Tad,
    >
    >No "resolution" as such, but since I started paying attention, the
    >(suspected) power problems have not re-occurred (the system knows I am
    >watching it). :-) I did, however, have one small power outage of a few
    >seconds' length; naturally, the system went down and stayed down until I
    >pressed the button. The disk shelves spun up by themselves when power
    >was restored.
    >
    >I don't know if SHOW POWER will work on a PWS433au, but I'll keep it in
    >mind for my next scheduled reboot.
    >
    >> Also, I've experienced circuit breaker problems in the past where the
    >> circuit breaker wouldn't trip, but there would be momentary loss of power.
    >> Since the only change that occurred to rectify the situation was
    >> replacement of the circuit breaker, that had to be my problem. I've not
    >> seen recurance since replacing the breaker about 8 years ago.

    >Before we purchased and moved into our current home, I had the local
    >electric company replace the power feed into the house, and I had an
    >electrician replace the old circuit breaker with a model that wouldn't
    >catch fire (both on the recommendation of the inspector we hired

    Federal Pacific Electric eh?

    http://www.inspect-ny.com/fpe/fpe.html

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  19. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    a Pensy farm boy wrote:
    > I have one of those. I keep hoping it will start the house ablaze so
    > that I can collect my insurance pay out and get the hell out of this
    > gawd forsaken rat hole known as NJ.

    Just hope when it happens, that your insurance company won't use Google
    to find this post and wonder if you didn't facilitate the fire :-) :-)

  20. Re: "Mysterious" system crashes

    In article <96a76$4749efaa$cef8887a$28352@TEKSAVVY.COM>, JF Mezei writes:

    >a Pensy farm boy wrote:
    >> I have one of those. I keep hoping it will start the house ablaze so
    >> that I can collect my insurance pay out and get the hell out of this
    >> gawd forsaken rat hole known as NJ.

    >Just hope when it happens, that your insurance company won't use Google
    >to find this post and wonder if you didn't facilitate the fire :-) :-)

    The insurance company and the state and local inspectors shouldn't have
    permitted the CO with the electrical system in this rathole I reside in.
    However, like everything else in proNJ, it's a corrupt bureaucracy that
    can be purchased "if the price is right"!

    Someday, when I have the time, remind me to tell you about moving into
    this place with a gas furnace that was never hooked up to the flue pipe!
    The basement was sure warm and toasty... and carbon monoxidey too!

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html