    From: yehavi@vms.huji.ac.il [mailto:yehavi@vms.huji.ac.il]
    Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:41 AM
    To: info-multinet@process.com
    Subject: SSH daemon fails with "Failed to get handed-off socket: errno 6"

    Hello,

    Yesterday our SSH daemon stopped accepting connections; in SSHD.LOG I see
    the following message:

    Failed to get handed-off socket: errno 6

    Anyone has an idea what to do?

    Background: VMS-7.3-2, Multinet 5.2.
    Two days before the problem I've installed VMS patches SYS-4.0 and
    LOADSS-1.0.
    After a reboot SSH daemon worked for a while and then stopped.

    Thanks! __Yehavi:

  2. Re: SSH daemon fails with "Failed to get handed-off socket: errno 6"

    That's an option, and I have been on forum site early on. However, I
    have a strong personal preference for e-mail in support situations.
    That's mostly because e-mail things land in my lap instead of my having
    to initiate a connection on a website.

    - ken

    --
    - Ken
    Ken Connelly Associate Director, Security and Systems

+ Reply to Thread