Multinet xntp - VMS

This is a discussion on Multinet xntp - VMS ; Hello, We are using Multinet XNTP on our Alpha servers(running VMS V7.3-2) for time synchronization. We recently upgraded some of the servers from Multinet V4.4. to Multinet V5.1 and noticed that XNTP is not an option in the services list. ...

  1. Multinet xntp

    Hello,

    We are using Multinet XNTP on our Alpha servers(running VMS V7.3-2) for
    time synchronization.

    We recently upgraded some of the servers from Multinet V4.4. to Multinet
    V5.1 and noticed that XNTP is not an option in the services list. Is it
    not available anymore? Should we switch to using NTP instead?

    Thank you,

    Lidia Bujor

    VMS Systems Manager

    On Semiconductor

  2. Re: Multinet xntp

    Yes NTP now has all the functionality that XNTP had plus more

    --
    Jim Mehlhop

    Join Cauce to outlaw spam
    http://www.cauce.org/