CDD-E-NOFREEPAG ? - VMS

This is a discussion on CDD-E-NOFREEPAG ? - VMS ; Has anyone seen this before ? Or offer any ideas on how to resolve it ? 0188 DEFINE RECORD LMETPU1$COPY.WS_LMC_RTU03_02 1 %CDDL-E-CDDERROR, error encountered while creating record %CDD-E-NOFREEPAG, dictionary file is full %CDDL-E-RECNOTCRE, error in record definition -- record not ...

  1. CDD-E-NOFREEPAG ?

    Has anyone seen this before ?
    Or offer any ideas on how to resolve it ?

    0188 DEFINE RECORD LMETPU1$COPY.WS_LMC_RTU03_02
    1
    %CDDL-E-CDDERROR, error encountered while creating record
    %CDD-E-NOFREEPAG, dictionary file is full
    %CDDL-E-RECNOTCRE, error in record definition -- record not created

    Many thanks in advance.

  2. Re: CDD-E-NOFREEPAG ?

    Brucey wrote:

    > Has anyone seen this before ?
    > Or offer any ideas on how to resolve it ?
    >
    > 0188 DEFINE RECORD LMETPU1$COPY.WS_LMC_RTU03_02
    > 1
    > %CDDL-E-CDDERROR, error encountered while creating record
    > %CDD-E-NOFREEPAG, dictionary file is full
    > %CDDL-E-RECNOTCRE, error in record definition -- record not created
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.

    WOW! CDD stuff!

    That software was transferred to Oracle Corp., I believe, along with RDB. I
    could be wrong about that.

    First guess time would be that whatever data structures the file contains or
    includes have been 100% utilized to their design limits. Whether that be
    indexes, extent maps, or whatever, I'd have no clue without more information
    about your system, how much is already in the dictionary (any chance you can
    purge excess versions of various definitions out of the CDD?), etc.

    There really isn't enough info. available here to provide a more helpful answer.
    Sorry...

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  3. Re: CDD-E-NOFREEPAG ?

    On 11/10/07 21:03, David J Dachtera wrote:
    > Brucey wrote:
    >> Has anyone seen this before ?
    >> Or offer any ideas on how to resolve it ?
    >>
    >> 0188 DEFINE RECORD LMETPU1$COPY.WS_LMC_RTU03_02
    >> 1
    >> %CDDL-E-CDDERROR, error encountered while creating record
    >> %CDD-E-NOFREEPAG, dictionary file is full
    >> %CDDL-E-RECNOTCRE, error in record definition -- record not created
    >>
    >> Many thanks in advance.

    > WOW! CDD stuff!
    >
    > That software was transferred to Oracle Corp., I believe, along with RDB. I
    > could be wrong about that.

    Yes, Oracle has it now.

    If you don't have a support contract with Oracle, go to www.jcc.com
    and sign up for the Rdb mailing list. There are some smart people
    there, including some Oracle engineers.

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA