From: "Richard B. Gilbert"

> Well, I spent about 20 years in the VAX/Alpha VMS world and NEVER
> encountered DDCMP! Perhaps the fact that DDCMP is almost unknown might
> have something to do with it. Even if DEC supported DDCMP, did anyone
> else???? It seems to me that there were a lot of LAN/WAN protocols that
> never really achieved general acceptance!

I used it to get my VAXstation 2000 connected to the Internet by way
of one of the modem-equipped VAXes at work (and the
Wollongong/Attachmate PathWay DECnet-IP bridging software, as I recall).
DSL at home obviated the whole arrangement (quite a while ago).

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547