This is a discussion on MultiNet ECO kit available: KERNEL-UPDATE-170_A051 - VMS ; MultiNet ECO kit announcement The following ECO kit is now available for MultiNet: ECO: KERNEL-UPDATE-170_A051 Description: Multiple changes Release date: 6-NOV-2007 Ranking: 3 Max ranking: 1 Versions: V5.1A Requisites: ftp://ftp.multinet.process.com/patch...e-170_a051.zip To search the MultiNet ECO database, please visit the following ...
MultiNet ECO kit announcement
The following ECO kit is now available for MultiNet:
Description: Multiple changes
Release date: 6-NOV-2007
Max ranking: 1
To search the MultiNet ECO database, please visit the following URL:
For more information, contact Process Software via:
The ECO kit README contents are below.
KERNEL-UPDATE-170_A051 - Kernel ECO kit Rev 17.0 for MultiNet V5.1A 2-Nov-2007
Copyright © 2005, 2006, 2007 Process Software, LLC
This kit updates MultiNet V5.1 Rev A with a new version of MULTINET.EXE
for MultiNet for OpenVMS (VMS/VAX V5.5-2 and later, VMS/Alpha V6.1 and
later), IF_SE.EXE for MultiNet for OpenVMS (VAX 5.5-2 and later and Alpha
V6.1 and later) or MULTINET_KERNEL.EXE for MultiNet for VMS/Integrity V8.2
The ranking for this ECO is 3.
The overall ranking for it is 1 (KERNEL-UPDATE-151_A051).
The following changes have been made in this kit:
- Allow a new bind to an address and port when there is an existing socket
that is disconnected and has SOREUSEADDR or SOREUSEPORT set.
(DE 10616 KERNEL-UPDATE-170_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Change the internal priority of memory allocation so that it is more
important than packet processing. This can help avoid panics due to
being out of memory in very busy systems.
(KERNEL-UPDATE-170_A051) ECO Rank: 3
This kit also includes the following changes from previous ECO kits:
- Correct errors in how the NTYDRIVER port routines link to the terminal
on Integrity systems. This patch is necessary for Point Secure's System
Detective to work with MultiNet on Integrity systems.
(DE 10570 KERNEL-UPDATE-160_A051) ECO Rank: 2
- Treat Acks to Syn-Acks that don't match the expected sequence numbers
as if they never arrived. This will cause the Syn-Ack to be
retransmitted from the timeout code instead of input processing and
avoid a potential condition where we never give up exchanging these
- If the kernel variable se_loadbalancing is set to 0 (zero) then the
common_link functionality will only do failover between interfaces, not
load balancing. The default value for this variable is 1, which enables
load balancing. Load balancing can lead to out of order delivery of
(DE 10494 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-150_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Correct an error that can cause the FIN flag to be set on the second to
last packet of a TCP. This causes the other side to drop the final
packet and any data that may be contained in it.
(DE 10508 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-151_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Modify calculation involved in checking the amount of buffer space a
socket can use to avoid overflows. This allows values larger than
524287 to be used for the kernel variable SB_MAX and restores the
limits that MultiNet V4.4 had.
(DE 10481 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-140_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct an error in the performance improvements for Telnet
(DE 10434 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-136_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Performance improvements for telnet.
(DE 10434 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-134_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct an error in processing IGMP query messages that would cause
MultiNet to not respond with the current group membership messages.
Also set the Router Alert option in the IP portion of the packet.
Correct building error which made some kernel variables not visible
on Integrity systems.
(DE 10431 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-132_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Add kernel variable IGMP_OLD_ROUTER, which when set to a non-zero
value will cause IGMPv1 membership reports to be sent.
(DE 10431 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-133_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Set IP TOS to 0xC0 as per RFC 3376 when sending IGMP messages.
(DE 10431 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-135_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct an error in which new connections that match an old connection
in TIME WAIT state are delayed in starting.
(DE 10408 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-120_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct a potential crash when using DECnet over IP.
(DE 10360 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-110_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Security improvements in ARP handling code.
(DE 10340 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-110_A051) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct a potential crash due to synchronization errors.
(DE 10318 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-100_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Return the default behavior for raw IP sockets to not add an IP header
to the packet before delivering it to the user program. This can be
controlled by the kernel variable RAW_ADDHDR or with the HDRINCL socket
option. (DE 10322 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-101_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Subtract the length of the options to be sent as part of TCP packets
when sending a packet with MSS data as there are some systems and
routers that misinterpret the MSS option in RFC 879 as the maximum
beyond the minimum length headers.
(DE 10265 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-092_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct an error which can cause a system crash when there is an error
transmitting an ethernet packet.
(DE 10285 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-091_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Correct an error which can cause a system crash while obtaining IP
connection information from SNMP.
(DE 10252 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-080_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- For Integrity systems the MultiNet kernel variables TCP_DO_NAGLE,
ALLOW_SUSER_BIND_HIJACK and ARP_OVERWRITTEN_LOGS are now visible.
- Correct an error which can cause a spinwait timeout resulting in a
(DE 10216 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-070_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Modify the check for zero length data in SIOCGIFCONF so that it is done
regardless of the address value. This corrects a problem that some
Java programs have.
(DE 10205 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-060_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Check TCP_MAXPERSISTIDLE for zero, allowing the persist drop function
to be disabled. This restores MultiNet 4.4 functionality
(DE 10203 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-060_A051) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct an error which can cause a system crash when using DECnet
(DE 10198 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-050_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Correct an error which can cause socket to not be completely cleaned up
upon close. This results in reduced performance on the system.
(DE 10187 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-040_A051) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct an error which can cause a system crash on Alpha or Integrity
(DE 10176 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-030_A051) ECO Rank: 1
- Correct an error which can cause a system crash on VAX systems.
(DE 10153 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-020_A051) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct an error in processing an ICMP message.
(DE 9700 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-010_A051) ECO Rank: 2
- Ethernet interface transmit performance improvements for Alpha and
You must reboot after installing this ECO kit for the changes to
[End of ECO announcement]