This is a discussion on MultiNet ECO kit available: KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052 - VMS ; MultiNet ECO kit announcement The following ECO kit is now available for MultiNet: ECO: KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052 Description: Multiple changes Release date: 6-NOV-2007 Ranking: 3 Max ranking: 1 Versions: V5.2A Requisites: ftp://ftp.multinet.process.com/patch...e-052_a052.zip To search the MultiNet ECO database, please visit the following ...
MultiNet ECO kit announcement
The following ECO kit is now available for MultiNet:
Description: Multiple changes
Release date: 6-NOV-2007
Max ranking: 1
To search the MultiNet ECO database, please visit the following URL:
For more information, contact Process Software via:
The ECO kit README contents are below.
KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052 - Kernel ECO kit Rev 5.2 for MultiNet V5.2A 2-Nov-2007
Copyright © 2007 Process Software, LLC
This kit updates MultiNet V5.2 Rev A with a new version of MULTINET.EXE
and IF_SE.EXE for MultiNet for OpenVMS (VMS/VAX V5.5-2 and later,
VMS/Alpha V6.1 and later), or MULTINET_KERNEL.EXE for MultiNet for
VMS/Integrity V8.2 and later.
The ranking for this ECO is 3.
The overall ranking for it is 1 (KERNEL-UPDATE-020_A052).
The following changes have been made in this kit:
- Allow a new bind to an address and port when there is an existing socket
that is disconnected and has SOREUSEADDR or SOREUSEPORT set.
(DE 10616 KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Change the internal priority of memory allocation so that it is more
important than packet processing. This can help avoid panics due to
being out of memory in very busy systems.
(KERNEL-UPDATE-052_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Allow the IPv6 STF (6 to 4) interface to send the IPv4 encapsulated IPv6
packets through a relay router when a route has been sent up to one.
Use the following to set up a route:
$ mult set/route/add=(dest=0::0,gateway=2002:c058:6301:/proto=i6
This requires that your system is able to route IPv4 packets to
(KERNEL-UPDATE-051_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Reduction in alignment faults on Integrity systems.
(KERNEL-UPDATE-051_A052) ECO Rank: 3
This kit also includes the following changes from previous ECO kits:
- Correct errors in how the NTYDRIVER port routines link to the terminal
on Integrity systems. This patch is necessary for Point Secure's System
Detective to work with MultiNet on Integrity systems.
(DE 10570 KERNEL-UPDATE-040_A052) ECO Rank: 2
- Correct problems with processing some IPv6 packets.
RTSOLD-010_A052 should also be installed so that the Router Solicitation
packets are correctly formed.
(DE 10549 KERNEL-UPDATE-030_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct problems with cluster alias addresses.
(DE 10551 KERNEL-UPDATE-030_A052) ECO Rank: 3
- Correct some errors in IPv6 code that could cause a system crash.
- Add controls to routing header 0 (zero) processing for IPv6.
Routing headers are disabled unless one of the following is true:
The MultiNet kernel variable ip6_rht0 is greater than zero, or
ip6_forwarding is non-zero and ip6_rht0 is zero. The default
is that ip6_forwarding is zero (end node/host) and that ip6_rht0
is -1 (don't process). A processing limit of 1 routing header
has also been added.
- Improve IPv6 PCB lookup algorithms.
- Correct a buffer management error that can cause crashes when DECnet
over IP or the PWIPDRIVER are being used.
(DE 10525 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-020_A052) ECO Rank: 1
- Correct an error that can cause the FIN flag to be set on the second to
last packet of a TCP connection. This causes the other side to drop the
final packet and any data that may be contained in it.
(DE 10508 ECO KERNEL-UPDATE-010_A052) ECO Rank: 1
You must reboot after installing this ECO kit for the changes to
[End of ECO announcement]