[ON TOPIC] Standalone Backup Kit on TLZ07 works! - VMS

This is a discussion on [ON TOPIC] Standalone Backup Kit on TLZ07 works! - VMS ; I modified STABACKIT.COM -- changing the occurrences of 60 to 28 for the device code for the TLZ07 -- and successfully made a kit on a DDS-1 tape. I booted from the tape successfully (approx. 7 min.) and repacked the ...

  1. [ON TOPIC] Standalone Backup Kit on TLZ07 works!

    I modified STABACKIT.COM -- changing the occurrences of 60 to 28 for
    the device code for the TLZ07 -- and successfully made a kit on a
    DDS-1 tape. I booted from the tape successfully (approx. 7 min.) and
    repacked the system disk.

    IT WORKED!

    Just in case anyone who read my question about this back in August is
    curious how it turned out (I finally tried it yesterday).

    AEF

  2. Re: [ON TOPIC] Standalone Backup Kit on TLZ07 works!

    In article <1193930845.849991.240320@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>, AEF writes:

    >I modified STABACKIT.COM -- changing the occurrences of 60 to 28 for
    >the device code for the TLZ07 -- and successfully made a kit on a
    >DDS-1 tape. I booted from the tape successfully (approx. 7 min.) and
    >repacked the system disk.
    >
    >IT WORKED!
    >
    >Just in case anyone who read my question about this back in August is
    >curious how it turned out (I finally tried it yesterday).

    Why didn't you just build it on the system disk or an alternate disk?
    This would have you booting up faster and you wouldn't have needed to
    muck in the STABACKIT.COM procedure.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread