Re: Implementing the effect of the VMS channel keyword "AFTER" in Solaris - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Implementing the effect of the VMS channel keyword "AFTER" in Solaris - VMS ; To clarify what Lance is asking for, the 'after' channel keyword does exist on solaris and other unixes, but it only accepts an integer value which is the number of seconds to wait (this use of the keyword also exists ...

  1. Re: Implementing the effect of the VMS channel keyword "AFTER" in Solaris

    To clarify what Lance is asking for, the 'after' channel keyword does exist
    on solaris and other unixes, but it only accepts an integer value which is
    the number of seconds to wait (this use of the keyword also exists on VMS).

    What doesn't exist on unix is the ability to specify a VMS-style absolute or
    relative time such as "TOMORROW+1:00".

  2. Re: Implementing the effect of the VMS channel keyword "AFTER" in Solaris

    At 01:58 PM 10/31/2007 -0400, you wrote:
    >To clarify what Lance is asking for, the 'after' channel keyword does exist
    >on solaris and other unixes, but it only accepts an integer value which is
    >the number of seconds to wait (this use of the keyword also exists on VMS).
    >
    >What doesn't exist on unix is the ability to specify a VMS-style absolute or
    >relative time such as "TOMORROW+1:00".

    Thanks for that clarification, Valerie. That is indeed what I meant.

+ Reply to Thread