Re: WTB P/OS or RT-11 System Disks - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: WTB P/OS or RT-11 System Disks - VMS ; From: billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) >So, why then is does a search for "mentec" and "pdp" get nothing but >expired links or a yahoo page that has been under construction for >months? Sigh, I guess it will just be business as ...

  1. Re: WTB P/OS or RT-11 System Disks

    From: billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon)

    >So, why then is does a search for "mentec" and "pdp" get nothing but
    >expired links or a yahoo page that has been under construction for
    >months? Sigh, I guess it will just be business as usual in the PDP
    >world.

    My understanding is, things are moving around at Mentec (Inc.) but they are
    very much alive. Al Hinners is the guy to talk to but he's in the process of
    moving to a new state so I guess web sites must be a low priority right now.

    John Wilson
    D Bit

  2. Re: WTB P/OS or RT-11 System Disks

    tis 2007-10-30 klockan 18:00 -0400 skrev John Wilson:
    > From: billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon)
    >
    > >So, why then is does a search for "mentec" and "pdp" get nothing but
    > >expired links or a yahoo page that has been under construction for
    > >months? Sigh, I guess it will just be business as usual in the PDP
    > >world.

    > My understanding is, things are moving around at Mentec (Inc.) but they are
    > very much alive. Al Hinners is the guy to talk to but he's in the process of
    > moving to a new state so I guess web sites must be a low priority right now.

    The fact that the mentec-inc website disappeared was something we
    discussed a year ago, or so, so that is really not news. :-)
    If they were to get it back online, that would be a good thing, since
    this latest status have really not helped them making business...

    As for P/OS, DEC placed it in the DECUS library long ago, and it is
    available on the net. You can for instance find it at ftp.update.uu.se.
    However, these are teledisk images, which needs to be written back to 5
    1/4" floppies on a PC. That kind of hardware is getting rarer, so things
    could be getting a bit problematic for people in general.

    Johnny

+ Reply to Thread