Re: free space on disk is not correct - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: free space on disk is not correct - VMS ; "Syltrem" wrote on 10/26/2007 11:31:11 AM: > $ set volumeérebuild=force ddcu: > > Is this what you need to know ? Well, no it's not as the op said below that "A set vol/rebuild and an anal/disk/repair does not fix ...

  1. Re: free space on disk is not correct

    "Syltrem" wrote on 10/26/2007 11:31:11 AM:

    > $ set volumeérebuild=force ddcu:
    >
    > Is this what you need to know ?

    Well, no it's not as the op said below that "A set vol/rebuild
    and an anal/disk/repair does not fix the counters...."

    magalettac@hotmail.com wrote on 10/26/2007 10:23:36 AM:

    > Hi,
    > I have recently built a 2 node itanium cluster, the disks are
    > controlled by dual eva's, I have notice over the past few weeks that
    > free disk space is not being calculated correctly on the drives from
    > time to time. A set vol/rebuild and an anal/disk/repair does not fix
    > the counters the only way to get the disk back to seeing correct
    > amount of free space is to dismount drive and then remount it. The
    > operating system is VMS 8.3, anyone seen this before is there a known
    > fix out there somewhere.....
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Carmine

  2. Re: free space on disk is not correct

    wrote in message

    "Syltrem" wrote on 10/26/2007 11:31:11 AM:

    > $ set volumeérebuild=force ddcu:
    >
    > Is this what you need to know ?

    >> Well, no it's not as the op said below that "A set vol/rebuild
    >> an anal/disk/repair does not fix the counters..."

    All I could see was the subject, no conten, and 3 times too !

    But still, the /FORCE may be the key

    Regards,
    Syltrem

  3. Re: free space on disk is not correct

    In article <13i4icb5l6k0h8c@corp.supernews.com>, "Syltrem" writes:

    > wrote in message
    >

    > "Syltrem" wrote on 10/26/2007 11:31:11 AM:
    >
    >> $ set volumeérebuild=force ddcu:
    >>
    >> Is this what you need to know ?

    >>> Well, no it's not as the op said below that "A set vol/rebuild
    >>> an anal/disk/repair does not fix the counters..."

    > All I could see was the subject, no conten, and 3 times too !

    Likewise here.

+ Reply to Thread