SmartArray Shadowsets within a cluster - VMS

This is a discussion on SmartArray Shadowsets within a cluster - VMS ; I've got two systems clustered together and each has a SmartArray and disks on it. Node 1 - Integrity with 6402A SmartArray Node 2 - DS10 with 5302A SmartArray The SmartArray sets are configured as single disks, presenting eight drives ...

  1. SmartArray Shadowsets within a cluster

    I've got two systems clustered together and each has a SmartArray and
    disks on it.

    Node 1 - Integrity with 6402A SmartArray
    Node 2 - DS10 with 5302A SmartArray

    The SmartArray sets are configured as single disks, presenting eight
    drives as one logical drive. We're then using the SW-RAID software to
    partition the physical drive into a number of smaller logical disks
    that will be addressed through DPAn: disk devices.

    Using the RAID BIND/SHADOW/USE_SHADOW_UNIT I can mount the first of
    the two sets of SmartArray controlled disks on one node (node 1).

    I can then add the second set of disks using:

    $ MOUNT/SYSTEM DSA6000:/SHADOW=$1$DKC0:

  2. Re: SmartArray Shadowsets within a cluster

    On Oct 24, 10:36 am, etmsr...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > Using the RAID BIND/SHADOW/USE_SHADOW_UNIT I can mount the first of
    > the two sets ofSmartArraycontrolled disks on one node (node 1).
    >
    > I can then add the second set of disks using:
    >
    > $ MOUNT/SYSTEM DSA6000:/SHADOW=$1$DKC0:

    With the host-based RAID Software for OpenVMS, commands have cluster-
    wide effect and don't need to be repeated on each of the other nodes
    in the cluster. There is a server process on each node which talks to
    the other nodes, so when you did the RAID BIND command on one node it
    bound the RAID array on all nodes in the cluster. At this point, you
    should be able to simply $MOUNT the DPA device(s) which should already
    have appeared on the other node.

    While the RAID software is usually smart enough to detect the effect
    of your independent command:
    $ MOUNT/SYSTEM DSA6000:/SHADOW=$1$DKC0:

+ Reply to Thread