I'm assuming (from a long-dormant memory) that TTSSH is from TeraTerm, and
thus it's SSH1. Turn on a higher level of debug ($ MULTINET NETCONTROL SSH
DEBUG 6) and zip up and email me the SSH_LOG:SSHD.LOG file
(dano@process.com). I'll try to take a look at it this weekend, but no
real promises .

At 05:47 PM 12/30/2006, Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing wrote:
>Folks --
>
>Alphaserver DS20E
>Alphaserver 800
>Shared system disk.
>
>Just upgraded from VMS 7.3-2 to 8.3 with the first combined update. Upgraded
>from Multinet 4.4 to 5.1 plus all the 5.1 patches.
>
>Some surprises and gotchas in that process - the Kerberos stuff (which we
>aren't using) threw me, and I had to use NAMED.CONF for the first time - but
>it's now working fine on the 800 and mostly working on the DS20E.
>
>The SSH daemon doesn't seem to be working properly on the DS20E. (Telnet
>works,
>FTP works, dns lookups work, wget running on the system works, etc. Apache
>isn't working yet, but that's not Multinet's fault.)
>
>The symptom is that TTSSH can make enough of a connection to the DS20E that it
>puts up the request for credentials, but once they're provided, things seem to
>just hang - there's no post-login dialogue. SSHD is running, and it seems to
>spawn additional subprocesses, so I guess it's really listening, but not
>responding.
>
>On the Alphaserver 800 (same system disk), this goes through smoothly. I
>presume I have some foolish configuration error.
>
>Where should I be looking?
>
>It would be really excellent if I can get this working before Tuesday
>morning,
>since the holiday break is the only upgrade window I have and there'd be a
>_whole_ lot of work to roll back.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-- Alan
>
>--
> Alan Winston --- WINSTON@SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU
> Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL Phone: 650/926-3056
> Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025

------
| Dan O'Reilly | "There are 10 types of people in this |
| Principal Engineer | world: those who understand binary |
| Process Software | and those who don't." |
| http://www.process.com | |