Problem with Multinet - VMS

This is a discussion on Problem with Multinet - VMS ; I have just installed mutinet under simh. I have had no problems on other machines but when I try to start multinet I get the error %MULTINET-F-NOVMSDEVICE, error assigning INET0: -SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHDEV, no such device available Any clues what I have ...

  1. Problem with Multinet

    I have just installed mutinet under simh. I have had no problems on
    other machines but when I try to start multinet I get the error

    %MULTINET-F-NOVMSDEVICE, error assigning INET0:
    -SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHDEV, no such device available

    Any clues what I have done, or how to create this device ?

    Thanks
    Dan

  2. Re: Problem with Multinet

    Dan Williams wrote:

    > I have just installed mutinet under simh. I have had no problems on
    > other machines but when I try to start multinet I get the error
    >
    > %MULTINET-F-NOVMSDEVICE, error assigning INET0:
    > -SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHDEV, no such device available
    >
    > Any clues what I have done, or how to create this device ?

    Multinet device names are usually SEn, such as SE0, SE1, SE2, etc. They
    typically point to devices such as EWA0, EIA0, IEA0, ...

    Dumb question time, sorry...

    Did you CONFIGURE your MULTINET, or just install it?

    (There are no default settings "out of the box".)

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  3. Re: Problem with Multinet

    In article <26c11a640612301256q64476973h983206617bd35cfe@mail. gmail.com>, Dan Williams writes:
    > I have just installed mutinet under simh. I have had no problems on
    > other machines but when I try to start multinet I get the error
    >
    > %MULTINET-F-NOVMSDEVICE, error assigning INET0:
    > -SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHDEV, no such device available
    >
    > Any clues what I have done, or how to create this device ?

    Sounds like your SIMH statup script ("do file") didn't successfully
    connect to a useable NIC.

    Make sure there is a command in the file to do this and make sure
    you've loaded something to share the NIC if Windows (or other host)
    is also using it.

  4. Re: Problem with Multinet

    In article <26c11a640612301256q64476973h983206617bd35cfe@mail. gmail.com>, Dan Williams writes:
    > I have just installed mutinet under simh. I have had no problems on
    > other machines but when I try to start multinet I get the error
    >
    > %MULTINET-F-NOVMSDEVICE, error assigning INET0:
    > -SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHDEV, no such device available
    >
    > Any clues what I have done, or how to create this device ?

    Sounds like your SIMH statup script ("do file") didn't successfully
    connect to a useable NIC.

    Make sure there is a command in the file to do this and make sure
    you've loaded something to share the NIC if Windows (or other host)
    is also using it.

+ Reply to Thread