Dan wrote
> I'm running Multinet 4.4a on an HP alphaserver running OpenVMS v7.3-2.
> I've been asked to share/serve a printer to the Windows PC's on our
> network. I've done the LPD setup described in Chapter 16 of the manual.
> Nothing shows up in the queue. Has anyone done anything like this?
> Thanks.

We have many lpd print queues served by Multinet used
by various types of systems, including Windows.

One potential stumbling block is the username mapping.

If your Windows user accounts don't have corresponding
VMS user accounts, then you have to create a default account for them
to use and define the logical which specifies that it is to be used
for print jobs from unknown usernames. e.g.
$ DEFINE/SYS/EXEC "MULTINET_LPD_DEFAULT_USERNAME" "PRT"

If that's not the problem, what entries are in the log file of
the LPD server? That log file might provide some help in tracking
down the problem. (e.g. unauthorized connection, unrecognized
printer queue name, etc)

We use OPCOM to log Multinet's connections.
To configure our LPD connection logging, I used the command
$ MULTINET CONFIGURE/SERVER to select LPD and set
LOG-ACCEPTS and LOG-REJECTS to be TRUE and LOG-FILE to be OPCOM

ACCEPT-HOSTS, ACCEPT-NETS and REJECT-BY-DEFAULT also were
defined as needed by our environment.

Does this help?

Selden