MultiNet and Windows XP Mounts - VMS

This is a discussion on MultiNet and Windows XP Mounts - VMS ; Hello all. I am trying to find the best method of mounting AlphaVMS directories on Windows XP machines. The directories contain only text files, so there shouldn't be a problem with file compatibilities. I've heard that I need something like ...

  1. MultiNet and Windows XP Mounts

    Hello all. I am trying to find the best method of mounting AlphaVMS
    directories on Windows XP machines. The directories contain only
    text files, so there shouldn't be a problem with file
    compatibilities. I've heard that I need something like NFS Maestro
    or a similar product (Reflection or Chameleon possibly). I may also
    be interested in mounting Windows XP folders on an AlphaVMS
    machine. We're using AlphaVMS v7.3-2 and MultiNet v5.1. Any
    information would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Hugh Dowell

  2. Re: MultiNet and Windows XP Mounts

    In article <6.2.5.6.2.20061009090525.041562a0@hst.nasa.gov>, Hugh Dowell
    writes:
    >Hello all. I am trying to find the best method of mounting AlphaVMS
    >directories on Windows XP machines. The directories contain only
    >text files, so there shouldn't be a problem with file
    >compatibilities. I've heard that I need something like NFS Maestro
    >or a similar product (Reflection or Chameleon possibly). I may also
    >be interested in mounting Windows XP folders on an AlphaVMS
    >machine. We're using AlphaVMS v7.3-2 and MultiNet v5.1. Any
    >information would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    >Hugh Dowell

    Samba or "Advanced Server" is an option, too.

    Eberhard

+ Reply to Thread