VMS and Qualstar - VMS

This is a discussion on VMS and Qualstar - VMS ; My apologies for the off topic posting, but I cannot think of another way to ask this question. Does anyone know of a site that is using QualStar tape libraries with VMS? I have a six drive library on a ...

  1. VMS and Qualstar

    My apologies for the off topic posting, but I cannot think of another
    way to ask this question. Does anyone know of a site that is using
    QualStar tape libraries with VMS? I have a six drive library on a SAN
    fabric, but my cluster only sees one tape drive - $2$MGA0:. I can talk
    to it, and am looking to buy the MRU utility to see if I can
    manage/manipulate the library, but I'm getting the sick feeling that I'm
    the only person on the planet that has this configuration.

    Thanks in advance,

    Jim Byrne

  2. Re: VMS and Qualstar

    "James P. Byrne" wrote:

    > My apologies for the off topic posting, but I cannot think of another
    > way to ask this question. Does anyone know of a site that is using
    > QualStar tape libraries with VMS? I have a six drive library on a SAN
    > fabric, but my cluster only sees one tape drive - $2$MGA0:. I can talk
    > to it, and am looking to buy the MRU utility to see if I can
    > manage/manipulate the library, but I'm getting the sick feeling that I'm
    > the only person on the planet that has this configuration.

    In the fibre channelworld, one typically needs to deal with device
    mapping as well as zoning.

    Something else to consider.

    Also, if you still lack an answer, try posting to the comp.os.vms
    newsgroup. This reply is cross-posted.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  3. Re: VMS and Qualstar

    "James P. Byrne" wrote:

    > My apologies for the off topic posting, but I cannot think of another
    > way to ask this question. Does anyone know of a site that is using
    > QualStar tape libraries with VMS? I have a six drive library on a SAN
    > fabric, but my cluster only sees one tape drive - $2$MGA0:. I can talk
    > to it, and am looking to buy the MRU utility to see if I can
    > manage/manipulate the library, but I'm getting the sick feeling that I'm
    > the only person on the planet that has this configuration.

    In the fibre channelworld, one typically needs to deal with device
    mapping as well as zoning.

    Something else to consider.

    Also, if you still lack an answer, try posting to the comp.os.vms
    newsgroup. This reply is cross-posted.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems