Re: localhost tries to go through the outside world - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: localhost tries to go through the outside world - VMS ; Paul Sture wrote: > In article , > "Richard Whalen" wrote: > >> Could be a DNS configuration problem. > > It looks like it. I was hoping to just set up the local names and then > tackle DNS ...

  1. Re: localhost tries to go through the outside world

    Paul Sture wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "Richard Whalen" wrote:
    >
    >> Could be a DNS configuration problem.

    > It looks like it. I was hoping to just set up the local names and then
    > tackle DNS later.
    >
    >> What does
    >> $ MULT NSLOOKUP LOCALHOST

    > $ mult nslookup localhost
    > Server: LOCALHOST
    > Address: 127.0.0.1
    >
    > Non-authoritative answer:
    > Name: sture.homeip.net
    > Address: 80.219.80.21
    > Aliases: LOCALHOST.sture.homeip.net
    >
    > But if I substitute a non-existent node name, it gives the same.
    >
    > It's as if it's completely ignoring the contents of my HOSTS.LOCAL, (and
    > yes, I have compiled it and done @ INSTALL_DATABASES).

    It is Nslookup ignoring the contents of my HOSTS.LOCAL. NSLOOKUP
    only uses DNS and not the hosts tables.

    regards
    Mike

    Michael Corbett Email: Corbett@process.com
    Process Software Phone: 800 722-7770 x369
    959 Concord St. 508 879-6994 x369
    Framingham MA 01701-4682 FAX: 508 879-0042

  2. Re: localhost tries to go through the outside world

    In article <45095046.3040008@process.com>,
    Michael Corbett wrote:

    > It is Nslookup ignoring the contents of my HOSTS.LOCAL. NSLOOKUP
    > only uses DNS and not the hosts tables.

    But *Everything* ignores HOSTS.LOCAL.

    ssh, telnet, ftp, and it's those I would like to get working.

    --
    Paul Sture

+ Reply to Thread