Re: Limit RPc to only accept requests from local host? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Limit RPc to only accept requests from local host? - VMS ; Jim Mehlhop wrote: > Is it possible to to limit the RPC process from listening on any TCP > address other than localhost (127.0.0.1) Use a packer filter like the following on the real interfaces - deny udp 0 0 ...

  1. Re: Limit RPc to only accept requests from local host?

    Jim Mehlhop wrote:
    > Is it possible to to limit the RPC process from listening on any TCP
    > address other than localhost (127.0.0.1)

    Use a packer filter like the following on the real interfaces -

    deny udp 0 0 0 0 eq 111
    deny tcp 0 0 0 0 eq 111
    permit ip

  2. Re: Limit RPc to only accept requests from local host?

    Michael Corbett wrote:
    > Jim Mehlhop wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to to limit the RPC process from listening on any TCP
    >> address other than localhost (127.0.0.1)

    > Use a packer filter like the following on the real interfaces -
    >
    > deny udp 0 0 0 0 eq 111
    > deny tcp 0 0 0 0 eq 111
    > permit ip

    Thanks, I was trying to find something on the service and failing
    miserably. :-)

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread