> From: Dan Williams [mailto:williams.dan@gmail.com]
>
> On 04/07/06, Dan Williams wrote:

> > I can connect with X -query, but if even though it shows up in the
> > chooser list it will not connect.
> > I get an error in the log of :
> >
> > Cannot convert Internet address 192.168.0.71 to host name (ERROR)
> >
> > The machine is registered in hosts.local and is pingable.

I'm not any sort of expert with XDMCP, but it sounds like the reverse
lookup isn't working. Ping is going to want to go from host name to
address, but your error message seems to be indicating that it wants to
go from address to hostname, and that that isn't working. Does NSLOOKUP
have any problems with a reverse lookup?

-- Mike Bartman