Re: TFTP server & HP Procurve switch? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: TFTP server & HP Procurve switch? - VMS ; The obvious things to look for first are TFTP requirements: * the file must exist (to get it or put it) * the file must be world-readable (world-writeable if you're storing it) Everything that I have of this nature is ...

  1. Re: TFTP server & HP Procurve switch?

    The obvious things to look for first are TFTP requirements:

    * the file must exist (to get it or put it)
    * the file must be world-readable (world-writeable if you're storing it)

    Everything that I have of this nature is stored on the VMS host as a
    stream-lf file. That includes router and switch image files.

    - ken

    --
    - Ken
    Ken Connelly Associate Director, Security and Systems

  2. Re: TFTP server & HP Procurve switch?

    In article <4406E5FF.6080805@uni.edu>, Ken Connelly writes:
    >The obvious things to look for first are TFTP requirements:
    >
    > * the file must exist (to get it or put it)
    > * the file must be world-readable (world-writeable if you're storing it)
    >
    >Everything that I have of this nature is stored on the VMS host as a
    >stream-lf file. That includes router and switch image files.

    Same here. I even tried a FIX512 format, the error remains and it is very fast,
    immediately after pressing RETURN at the switch. Has anybody a similar setup,
    e.g. a HP Procurve switch and Multinet and can confirm/deny the problem?

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany