It looks like you need to follow up on a few things others have suggested
or mentioned in previous replies. Things like TCPDUMP to detect details of
the network activity that surrounds the event would certainly help, as well
as having a good diagram of how your system is set up and connected to the
network. Or networks... one good question to ask is if your VMS systemis
connected to more than just one network. If it is, there might be an issue
about routing information and ICMP.

Is more than one system sending out this broadcast packet that your VMS
system responds to? And what function is this packet trying to perform?
Understanding that may help to point the right direction for additional
troubleshooting.

In some ways I agree in part with the comment about it only being one
system (yours) exhibiting this activity. I've seen it in the past where a
VMS system was doing things differently than a large group of other
machines, and it turned out that it was the only one doing it correctly!
Make sure you understand the "Why" behind the network event, before you
decide if what your system is doing is really "wrong".

Dig up more details and pass them along, we'll help if we can.

Bob Blum

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this
transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format..

"A. Mahendra Rajah" wrote on 08/26/2005
11:15:20 AM: