Process Software MultiNet V4.4 Rev A-X, COMPAQ AlphaServer DS20E 833
MHz, OpenVMS AXP V7.3

Process Software MultiNet V4.4 Rev A-X, AlphaServer ES40, OpenVMS AXP V7.3-2

I have some users who telnet into the above systems from on campus and
from home. On campus, their sessions last indefinitely, from home, their
sessions die after about 10 or 15 minutes of inactivity. (The same
telnet application is being used from home and on campus, NetTerm, with
the same configuration file.)

When using ssh there is no timeout from either campus or home (using
PuTTY). Under the category of "Doc, it hurts when I do this," I have
suggested that they only use ssh for logging in. (Suggestions that they
buy a Mac and use X11 over ssh also fall on deaf ears.)

Is there some setting in VMS or MultiNet we are missing that might be
causing this?

Thanks,

Michael Fleming
CSU, Bakersfield