Re: Off-the-wall TCPware/Multinet Question - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Off-the-wall TCPware/Multinet Question - VMS ; David J Dachtera wrote: > > > What kind of fall-out could I expect from that? That is, what other > inbound connections will fail besides Telnet? How 'bout print queues? > Almost all the incoming services are handled by ...

  1. Re: Off-the-wall TCPware/Multinet Question

    David J Dachtera wrote:

    > What kind of fall-out could I expect from that? That is, what other
    > inbound connections will fail besides Telnet? How 'bout print queues?

    Almost all the incoming services are handled by the
    multinet_server process so they would not be available as well.
    Print queues would not have a problem.

    > ...and how (in)compatible would that be with Oracle, MQ Series and
    > Cerner Millennium?

    Could be a problem. They might need the UCXQIO service and
    that wouldn't be there.

    Michael Corbett Email: Corbett@process.com
    Process Software Phone: 800 722-7770 x369
    959 Concord St. 508 879-6994 x369
    Framingham MA 01701-4682 FAX: 508 879-0042

  2. Re: Off-the-wall TCPware/Multinet Question

    Michael Corbett wrote:

    > David J Dachtera wrote:
    >

    > > What kind of fall-out could I expect from that? That is, what other
    > > inbound connections will fail besides Telnet? How 'bout print queues?
    > >

    > Almost all the incoming services are handled by the
    > multinet_server process so they would not be available as well.
    > Print queues would not have a problem.
    >
    > > ...and how (in)compatible would that be with Oracle, MQ Series and
    > > Cerner Millennium?
    > >

    > Could be a problem. They might need the UCXQIO service and
    > that wouldn't be there.

    Guess I'll make that my wish-list item for a future release of Multinet
    (V6.x?): create Telnet processes via the JBC instead of a direct
    $CREPRC.

    Of course, any help with the interrupt service issue would also be
    appreciated. Until (the abominated application) becomes something more
    suitable, we'll have to live with it, I guess.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/