Archive of sent and received email like Microsoft Exchange - VMS

This is a discussion on Archive of sent and received email like Microsoft Exchange - VMS ; This is sort of a Multinet question since we're running Multinet on our Alphas. It's also in the Process Software arena because they might have a product that helps me. Here's the deal: I got a call today from one ...

  1. Archive of sent and received email like Microsoft Exchange

    This is sort of a Multinet question since we're running Multinet on our
    Alphas. It's also in the Process Software arena because they might have
    a product that helps me. Here's the deal:

    I got a call today from one of our big customers. We handle hundreds of
    email boxes for them on the OpenVMS machine. They want to start retaining
    all the messages sent and received through our box in case there is ever
    any legal action that relates to internal email. Currently there is
    nothing at all that we do to archive email.

    The question is this: what can we do (or buy) that can meet this new
    requirement? Someday (months? years?) from now they've said that they're
    going to move their email to their own MS Exchange server. But they
    can't wait any longer. Suggestions??

    Thanks a bunch,

    -- Dave Spencer, PageWeavers

  2. Re: Archive of sent and received email like Microsoft Exchange

    In article <05042216195613.1f0376.165366762@pageweavers.com>, "David Spencer, Internet Handyman" writes:

    > I got a call today from one of our big customers. We handle hundreds of
    > email boxes for them on the OpenVMS machine. They want to start retaining
    > all the messages sent and received through our box in case there is ever
    > any legal action that relates to internal email. Currently there is
    > nothing at all that we do to archive email.
    >
    > The question is this: what can we do (or buy) that can meet this new
    > requirement?

    Get them a differenet lawyer. I've heard exactly the opposite advice
    from lawyers concerned with the same issue.

+ Reply to Thread