You're welcome, Jeremy. (The simplest answers are sometimes the easiest to
overlook!)

A LONG time ago we used TFTP under TCPware to upload and download
configurations to/from Cisco routers. There are other uses, of course,but
be aware that TFTP is not as robust as the full FTP utility. Plus I think
there were things to be careful of, like the file to be transferred hadto
reside in a particular directory, something like TFTP_ROOT under TCPware.
Multinet may do things in a similar manner. The usual VMS-to-other-OS
issues may apply, such as the format of the file, getting it from the
source machine (PC or ?) to the VMS server, etcetera.

There might also be a way to use the BOOTP server to load the firmware,but
then you have to make sure it doesn't interfere with any other BOOTP
servers on the same network.

Good luck!

Bob Blum
bdblumATusDOTibmDOTcom

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this
transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format..

Jeremy Begg wrote on 12/07/2004 08:57:15 PM:

> Hi Bob,
>
> >To the best of my knowledge both Multinet and TCPware provide a TFTP
> >client. The command should be "TFTP".

> Doh! Yes there it is.
>

> >From the Multinet User Guide (v4.3?):
> >
> > Appendix D
> >
> > TFTP Command Reference
> >
> > The MultiNet TFTP utility uses the Internet-standard Trivial File

Transfer
> > Protocol (TFTP) to transfer files between the local host and a

> remote host.
> > This appendix describes the commands you can use during a TFTP

session.