A Question about VPN - VMS

This is a discussion on A Question about VPN - VMS ; I am using OpenVMS 7.3-1 on an AlphaServer 4100. I am also using Multinet 4.4. I am researching the abilibty to access a remote system using VPN. Here are the VPN requirements on the remote system: "The VPN server forces ...

  1. A Question about VPN

    I am using OpenVMS 7.3-1 on an AlphaServer 4100. I am also using
    Multinet 4.4. I am researching the abilibty to access a remote system
    using VPN.

    Here are the VPN requirements on the remote system:

    "The VPN server forces the client to establish an encrypted channel
    using MS-CHAP v2 and at least 40-bit encryption. If a client is not
    capable of supporting at least 40-bit encryption the VPN server will
    reject the client request and force it to disconnect. The TSS VPN server
    has been set to require 128-bit encryption and reject all client
    requests that do not have 128-bit encryption installed."

    Does Multinet have VPN abilities on OpenVMS?

    =====================
    Rollin K. Grossholz
    System Analyst
    Tennessee Board of Regents

  2. Re: A Question about VPN

    In article , Rollin Grossholz writes:
    > I am using OpenVMS 7.3-1 on an AlphaServer 4100. I am also using
    > Multinet 4.4. I am researching the abilibty to access a remote system
    > using VPN.=20
    >
    > Here are the VPN requirements on the remote system:
    >
    > "The VPN server forces the client to establish an encrypted channel
    > using MS-CHAP v2 and at least 40-bit encryption. If a client is not
    > capable of supporting at least 40-bit encryption the VPN server will
    > reject the client request and force it to disconnect. The TSS VPN server
    > has been set to require 128-bit encryption and reject all client
    > requests that do not have 128-bit encryption installed."
    >
    > Does Multinet have VPN abilities on OpenVMS?

    The VPN client has been ported to VMS, it is freely available.
    The VPN server has not been ported to VMS, unless it's being kept
    secret.

+ Reply to Thread