Users logging in to our cluster, all of whom have restricted accounts
which will only open a menu in a normal telnet session, are faced with
this:

Executing NETWORK local production login... <--This is normal, canned

SECURITY VERIFICATION IN PROGRESS <--as is this
%DCL-W-NOCOMD, no command on line - reenter with alphabetic first
character <--this is not normal
%DCL-W-NOCOMD, no command on line - reenter with alphabetic first
character
%DCL-W-NOCOMD, no command on line - reenter with alphabetic first
character
%DCL-W-NOCOMD, no command on line - reenter with alphabetic first
character
%DCL-W-NOCOMD, no command on line - reenter with alphabetic first
character
ALPHA1$ sho def
$2$DUA37:[D7PCXXX] <--This is definitely not normal. We don't want
users ever seeing a dollar prompt.

The same behavior persists on the VAX side of the house running pretty
much the same login and software.

We're running Alpha VMS v7.2-1 and VAX VMS 7.1 on a CI cluster, Multinet
4.4A with SSH patch SSH-062_A044 and a slew of other Multinet and VMS
patches. I didn't see anything in any of the patch docs about this.

It's also not the kind of thing where I can reboot at will, and only the
more savvy users (about two or three, including me) have even tried to
use SSH. This is also pretty much new behavior, because several weeks
ago, SSH brought me to the menu system, on both VAX and Alpha.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

--Guy Noce
Systems Engineer
Towson University