Have you looked at the transferred file to see if it's complete? I believe
this is due to the fact that file transfer sizes are estimated, and text file
sizes for files that that originate on VMS systems may not be estimated
exactly. Hence, the EOF warning. Provided the file got there properly (and
it likely did), this warning can be ignored.

At 02:10 PM 11/22/2004, Bender, William A wrote:

>Process Software MultiNet V4.4 Rev A-X, VAX 4000-600A, OpenVMS VAX V6.2
>
>I have applied ssh-070_a044 but not ssh-080_a044 which came out last Friday.
>
>I have a user that is attempting to use the secure copy capability to do a
>copy to a unix box, but is not successful as of yet. In the example below
>he is being prompted for his password on the unix box (which we did not
>think that he would be) and then gets an EOF error even though it appears
>that the file did make it to the unix box.
>
>$ MULTINET SCP2 TEMP.CSH "user@unix_box::/home/user/temp.csh"
>
>user@unix_box's password:
>
>SCP2: warning: temp.csh (src): got EOF reading file (server msg:
>'Encountered EOF.')
>
>I am not confident that the configuration is completely correct on either
>end.
>
>Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Bill Bill Bender Computer Systems Analyst Sr. Computing and Network
>Services EIS Lockheed Martin Syracuse NY 315-456-3593 (Marcall 256)
>william.a.bender@lmco.com

------
| Dan O'Reilly | "There are 10 types of people in this |
| Principal Engineer | world: those who understand binary |
| Process Software | and those who don't." |
| http://www.process.com | |