%PMDF-I-VERSION, PMDF version is PMDF V6.2-1
Compaq AlphaServer 6/525 running OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-1
PMDF_SHARE_LIBRARY version V6.2-1; linked 00:19:42, Jan 17 2005

I'm trying to setup users on exchange while also keeping a copy of their
messages in their vms mail account. To make sure that messages sent via vms
mail are processed by pmdf a set forward=IN%"~username" is used in vms mail.
Then in the aliases. file there is an alias of:

username: _username,firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com

From my understanding the _ should cause the vms mail forwarding to be
ignored. However, the result is that vms mail is delivered to the exchange
account but not to the vms mail account. The message intended for the vms
mail acount is looped and held in the l channel. This indicates that the
vms forwarding is not being ignored.

Pmdf test/rewrite/check_expansions shows the username being expanded to:
_username
firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com

show forward/user= in vms mail shows
IN%"~username"

I'm guessing I'm not the first one to try this. Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Jeff Anicker
BDP International