PMDFers --

$pmdf version
%PMDF-I-VERSION, PMDF version is PMDF V6.2
COMPAQ AlphaServer DS20E 666 MH running OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-2
PMDF_SHARE_LIBRARY version V6.2-X17; linked 13:01:07, Sep 8 2003

Weird problem, which I guess has to do with individual user settings, but I
don't know which settings.

A particular user (who happens to be the director of my laboratory) uses
Netscape 7.2 from Windows to send a message with an attached document;
the SMTP server he uses is the one listed above.

With assorted attached files up to 4.7mb, he can see them in PMDF MAIL with
a text message part and an appropriatly-MIME-typed message part for the
attachment.

With a 5.1mb or an 11mb attachment, PMDF MAIL displays a message but it has no
body and no message-part headers show.

However, if he mails the same files to me on the same system, PMDF MAIL shows
the appropriate message-part headers and I can see the attached files. (XPDF
even runs and successfully displays the 5.1mb PDF).

If - and this really bugs me - he uses IMAP from Netscape to read the mail he
sent, he can see the attachment.

Summarizing:
Below 5mb, everything's cool.
Above 5mb, PMDF mail doesn't display the message structure for him, but it
does for me.

If I use PMDF MAIL from the SYSTEM account and use his mail file, it displays
the message structure:

586.1 [text/plain; 15 lines]
586.2 [application/pdf; 5146 Kb]

What settings should I be checking?

Thanks,

-- Alan

Alan Winston --- WINSTON@SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU
Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL Phone: 650/926-3056
Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025