This is not just a PMDF issue, but I am hoping I can set something up in our
config to "show up" the exchange server guys.

Our corporate folks have a registered domain of shrinenet.org but, not
unexpectedly, senders sometimes absentmindedly try to send to shrinenet.com
rather than the .org domain.

Now normally this mail should bounce with an invalid domain address since
shrinenet.com is not registered. However, there is a DNS somewhere that
resolves the domain to IP address 216.234.246.150 and when our server tries
to send mail to that IP, it gets a "connection refused" message and the mail
remains in the PMDF queue trying to send again every three hours or so.

So the PMDF question is what is the simplest way to bounce this address
locally rather than having it try to contact this maverick site?

More globally, what can I do to get the DNS to stop resolving the bad domain
to an IP? According to the WHOIS info, the IP in this block belongs to a
company called The Planet, but e-mails to their technical and admin contact
remain unanswered.

Richard Watson
Systems Manager,
Portland Research Center