On 16 Mar 2007 at 16:18, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> > As others have pointed out, there are several different flavors of files
> > that are known as .TAP. Due to a misunderstanding early on, E11 and SIMH
> > use similar but different .TAP formats, but they will interchange as long
> > as the record sizes are all even (usually true in most labeling schemes).

> Is there anything to convert from a TPC file to an E11 .TAP file? I think
> you've just explained why I had problems with something I was trying with
> RSTS/E a few years ago.
>
> Zane

A few years ago, I was in the middle of writing a tape file to
tape file convertor ...

..tpc, .tap (RSX), .tap (E11), .tap (Charon)

Never did finish it ... don't know where the remnants are now
... sorry folks but I did work out the conversions needed.

If I remember the E11 was the smartest of the versions in
terms of knowing where you are on the tape.