.tap images - VMS

This is a discussion on .tap images - VMS ; Where can I find utilities for manipulating .tap images? Like moving back and forth between real tapes and .tap images. TIA bill -- Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three wolves bill@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting ...

  1. .tap images

    Where can I find utilities for manipulating .tap images? Like moving
    back and forth between real tapes and .tap images.

    TIA

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  2. Re: .tap images

    bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:

    > Where can I find utilities for manipulating .tap images? Like moving
    > back and forth between real tapes and .tap images.

    In the src subdirectory of (the original public release of KLH10), there is a
    utility program called tapedd which can handle all the various kinds of tape
    image files used by SimH, E11, KLH10, and DECUS, to and from real as well as
    virtual tapes:

    http://klh10.trailing-edge.com/klh10-2.0a.tgz

    Or, if you prefer Macro-20 to Unix C programs, I can send you the tools I use
    on a Tops-20 system.

    --
    Rich Alderson | /"\ ASCII ribbon |
    news@alderson.users.panix.com | \ / campaign against |

  3. Re: .tap images

    In article ,
    Rich Alderson writes:
    > bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    >
    >> Where can I find utilities for manipulating .tap images? Like moving
    >> back and forth between real tapes and .tap images.

    > In the src subdirectory of (the original public release of KLH10), there is a
    > utility program called tapedd which can handle all the various kinds of tape
    > image files used by SimH, E11, KLH10, and DECUS, to and from real as well as
    > virtual tapes:
    >
    > http://klh10.trailing-edge.com/klh10-2.0a.tgz
    >
    > Or, if you prefer Macro-20 to Unix C programs, I can send you the tools I use
    > on a Tops-20 system.

    Thank you. Now all I have to do is make it work on Ultrix. :-)

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

+ Reply to Thread