[UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: Hardware TPU? - VMS

This is a discussion on [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: Hardware TPU? - VMS ; Chris Zach wrote: > There was also the CUS option that you could run on an 11/03 with the > microcode WCS11 module. KUV11-AA (M8018). A cable conects it to one of the MICROM sockets on the 11/03 CPU (M7264) ...

  1. [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: Hardware TPU?

    Chris Zach wrote:
    > There was also the CUS option that you could run on an 11/03 with the
    > microcode WCS11 module.

    KUV11-AA (M8018). A cable conects it to one of the MICROM sockets on
    the 11/03 CPU (M7264)

    > I think I have that code somewhere; I still have
    > that board in the shed. Cute stuff, but I think CUS only ran on the
    > DIBOL-11 app.

    I've got one, and a scan of the user's guide (which is really a
    tech manual) is on bitsavers. But I don't have any of the software
    for it. If you (or anyone) can dig anything up, that would be great!

    The docs say the option came with the microassembler (MICRO),
    WCS loader/dumper (WCSLOD), debugger (MODT), and the EIS/FIS
    microcode.

    Eric

  2. Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE] Re: [UNSURE]

    Eric Smith wrote:

    > I've got one, and a scan of the user's guide (which is really a
    > tech manual) is on bitsavers. But I don't have any of the software
    > for it. If you (or anyone) can dig anything up, that would be great!
    >
    > The docs say the option came with the microassembler (MICRO),
    > WCS loader/dumper (WCSLOD), debugger (MODT), and the EIS/FIS
    > microcode.

    I once took a workshop at Catholic University in Washington, DC on that option. We had a particular
    application running on PDP-11/20's and wanted to get it onto a Q-Bus machine to cut the cost. The
    problem was that the special hardware had a 1000 Hz interrupt frequency and the worst-case execution
    time for the interrupt routine was more than 1 ms on the 11/03!! In the class project, we made a
    successive-approximation analog to digital converter more than 1000 times faster in microcode than
    it was in MACRO-11.

    The whole project was abandoned when the 11/23 came out and was exactly what we needed.

    Larry

+ Reply to Thread