On 11/14/05, Will Kranz wrote:
> Thanks Johnny,
> You know a lot more than I, and as in this case your reply is very
> informative. So what do I do next.
>
> I'm at best a software weenie, how do I diagnose a bus grant problem?
> I did the only thing I know to do, reseat boards. No change.
> Should I pull some of the controllers that require bus grants?
> Are there some XXDP's I should run. Both systems have an RL02 controller,
> one has an RX02 controller. Its disk IO that's likely to be the bus grant
> problem
> isn't it? Thanks, Will
>
> At 12:02 AM 11/13/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Sounds like an interrupt problem.
> >XXDP don't use the interrupt system, so that will work.
> >Check bus grants.
> >
> > Johnny

Fundamental question: are there any empty bus slots between cards?
The definition of "between" depends on exactly what kind of backplane
you have.

Need further information to help in coaching you through this. A list
of what cards are in which slots would be useful.

carl
--
carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
clowenst@ucsd.edu