Thanks Johnny,
You know a lot more than I, and as in this case your reply is very
informative. So what do I do next.

I'm at best a software weenie, how do I diagnose a bus grant problem?
I did the only thing I know to do, reseat boards. No change.
Should I pull some of the controllers that require bus grants?
Are there some XXDP's I should run. Both systems have an RL02 controller,
one has an RX02 controller. Its disk IO that's likely to be the bus grant
problem
isn't it? Thanks, Will