John Santos wrote:

> Charles H. Dickman wrote:
>> What about RF disks?
>> It is MSCP like the RA-series, KFQSA DSSI adapters don't seem to be
>> too rare and RF7x drives are pretty common on eBay.
>> 2.11 BSD is fine with it too, depending on the latest patch version.
>> -chuck

> I don't think any of the DEC PDP-11 OS's support it. However I
> vaguely remember someone (Megan?) saying she was running RT11 on
> a DSSI disk. Perhaps the controller looks just like an MSCP
> controller to the OS, just wasn't supported officially?

I can't speak for the DEC PDP-11 OS's, but I know it works fine with
2.11BSD. And yes it is MSCP. For a while I was running an -11/73 I have
here with an RQDX3 with an RX50, and a KFQSA and attached RF71. This was
running 2.11BSD. The DSSI cable was only about 2ft long and I ran it
without a terminator. Seemed to work fine.

One reason that it might not have been supported on the -11's is that I
had to use a microVAX (KA650) to configure the drive. That particular
VAX processor has MOP built into the console firmware and allowed me to
set the node number, etc.

To unsubscribe (or subscribe) from (to) this list, send a message to, with the first line of the message