Re: Netbooting a PDP-11 - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Netbooting a PDP-11 - VMS ; Paramucho wrote: >>Commands are Help, Boot, List, Setup, Map and Test. >>Type a command then press the RETURN key: BOOT XH: >> >> >>Trying XH0 >> >>Error 20 >>Controller Error >> >> > >That can occur if the boot code ...

  1. Re: Netbooting a PDP-11

    Paramucho wrote:

    >>Commands are Help, Boot, List, Setup, Map and Test.
    >>Type a command then press the RETURN key: BOOT XH:
    >>

    >>Trying XH0
    >>
    >>Error 20
    >>Controller Error
    >>

    >That can occur if the boot code detects some kind of setup errror, including
    >loopback failure and the like. The LEDs might provide information on that
    >and it could be worth checking the DELQA switch settings.

    There was an error in my setup. The transceiver power supply fuse was
    blown, or at least the DELQA thought so. The jury-rigged AUI cable that
    I made did not include a fuse or the loopback signal that indicated the
    fuse was OK. I found that I have a real DELQA cabinet kit and that seems
    to work fine. My MOP server now sees the PDP-11 beg for a boot file.

    >Ian

    -chuck

  2. Re: Netbooting a PDP-11

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:58:43 -0400, "Charles H. Dickman"
    wrote:

    >Paramucho wrote:
    >
    >>>Commands are Help, Boot, List, Setup, Map and Test.
    >>>Type a command then press the RETURN key: BOOT XH:
    >>>

    >>>Trying XH0
    >>>
    >>>Error 20
    >>>Controller Error
    >>>

    >>That can occur if the boot code detects some kind of setup errror, including
    >>loopback failure and the like. The LEDs might provide information on that
    >>and it could be worth checking the DELQA switch settings.
    >>

    >There was an error in my setup. The transceiver power supply fuse was
    >blown, or at least the DELQA thought so. The jury-rigged AUI cable that
    >I made did not include a fuse or the loopback signal that indicated the
    >fuse was OK. I found that I have a real DELQA cabinet kit and that seems
    >to work fine. My MOP server now sees the PDP-11 beg for a boot file.
    >
    >>Ian

    "or at least the DELQA thought so" is quite an appropriate comment. I
    had a DEQNA that brought up the bad fuse signal years ago so I took
    the check for it out of the driver. The board worked just fine -- and
    probably still does.

+ Reply to Thread