|Same as the VAX-11/750. In fact, NetBSD still ships with a patch file for
|that machine, and starts the boot by patching the microcode for a few
|bugs.

I remember when we received the (mandatory) upgrade to add the writable
microcode to our 750. (Did it later become standard?) There was a lot
of confusion about how exactly the microcode was to be loaded. They
gave us a TU58 which in theory was supposed to get read by something at
powerup, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. (I always thought there was
a missing boot ROM update to go with the writable microcode.) VMS had
some way of loading it as did later Ultrix (pcs750.bin loaded by VMB?),
but we were running 4.2BSD.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com