RE: Does anyone here have an 11/60? - VMS

This is a discussion on RE: Does anyone here have an 11/60? - VMS ; Ian wrote: > There's a note on one of the PDP-11 history sites that mentions an 11-60 > that was microcoded to emulate a PDP-8 and used to do software > development - the "fastest PDP-8 in the world"! The ...

  1. RE: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    Ian wrote:
    > There's a note on one of the PDP-11 history sites that mentions an 11-60
    > that was microcoded to emulate a PDP-8 and used to do software
    > development - the "fastest PDP-8 in the world"!

    The 11/60 had optional writeable control store; the only other -11 to have
    that was the 11/03. Ritchie Lary wrote the PDP-8 emulator microcode.
    Unfortunately there appears to be no surviving copy of it.

    Eric

  2. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    In article <53684.207.145.53.202.1114801041.squirrel@207.145.5 3.202>,
    "Eric Smith" writes:
    > Ian wrote:
    >> There's a note on one of the PDP-11 history sites that mentions an 11-60
    >> that was microcoded to emulate a PDP-8 and used to do software
    >> development - the "fastest PDP-8 in the world"!

    > The 11/60 had optional writeable control store; the only other -11 to have
    > that was the 11/03. Ritchie Lary wrote the PDP-8 emulator microcode.
    > Unfortunately there appears to be no surviving copy of it.

    As long as we're talking obscure systems in PDP-11 clothing, I don't
    there is any chance someone here know where I might find a Pascal
    Microengine? (Oh yeah, and I don't have a first-born son to offer
    for it either. :-)

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  3. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    In article <3dfgs4F6uh7n8U4@individual.net>, bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    > As long as we're talking obscure systems in PDP-11 clothing, I don't
    > there is any chance someone here know where I might find a Pascal
    > Microengine? (Oh yeah, and I don't have a first-born son to offer
    > for it either. :-)

    I remember seeing those, but the name of the company that made them escapes
    me. Had the UCSD p-code interpreter in the microcode. The rest of the CPU
    was the same WD chipset as the LSI-11. Was it WD themselves that sold this?

    Then there was the Alpha Micro (?) S100 CPU that used the complimented
    PDP-11 instruction set, again using the WD chipset.

    Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
    >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

    Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about
    repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the
    struggle for independence. -- Charles A. Beard

  4. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    In article ,
    kaplow_r@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) writes:
    > In article <3dfgs4F6uh7n8U4@individual.net>, bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    >> As long as we're talking obscure systems in PDP-11 clothing, I don't
    >> there is any chance someone here know where I might find a Pascal
    >> Microengine? (Oh yeah, and I don't have a first-born son to offer
    >> for it either. :-)

    > I remember seeing those, but the name of the company that made them escapes
    > me. Had the UCSD p-code interpreter in the microcode. The rest of the CPU
    > was the same WD chipset as the LSI-11. Was it WD themselves that sold this?

    Yes, It was called The Western Digital Pascal MicroEngine.

    bill
    [Who is also still trying to find a copy of both the PDP-11 version
    of UCSD Pascal (the real one, not the Terak version) and the Adaptable
    System]

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  5. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    In article <3dhv9cF6tk33dU1@individual.net>, bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    > [Who is also still trying to find a copy of both the PDP-11 version
    > of UCSD Pascal (the real one, not the Terak version) and the Adaptable
    > System]

    Yes, Yes, I'm still looking for my copy. I even rmembere that it's in a pink
    "Dysan" 8" floppy box, but i just can't find them any where. If I ever do
    find them, I'll let you know.

    Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
    >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

    Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    It had become an universal and almost uncontroverted position in
    the several States, that the purposes of society do not require
    a surrender of all our rights to our ordinary governors; that
    there are certain portions of right not necessary to enable them
    to carry on an effective government, and which experience has
    nevertheless proved they will be constantly encroaching on, if
    submitted to them; that there are also certain fences which
    experience has proved peculiarly efficacious against wrong, and
    rarely obstructive of right, which yet the governing powers have
    ever shown a disposition to weaken and remove. Of the first
    kind, for instance, is freedom of religion; of the second, trial
    by jury, habeas corpus laws, free presses. -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread