From: owner-info-pdp11@village.org [mailtowner-info-pdp11@village.org]
On Behalf Of Rob Brown
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 9:32 AM
To: info-pdp11@village.org
Subject: Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Wolfe, Julian wrote:

> I was just curious, because I never see these discussed. Does
> anyone on this list own a PDP 11/60? They seem to be very rare
> machines.

I've never seen one. Perhaps they were rare to start with.

The unique feature about them that I remember was that they supported
user-written micro-code. If this was the primary reason for their
existence, then it is not surprising to me that they would be rare.
I don't think that there would be many applications that would require
machine customizability (is that a word?) at that level.

--

Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (866)438-2101 (voice) toll free!