William wrote:

>I've seen the plans for the emulator boards such as at

http://www.geocities.com/saipan59/dec/rxv11_emu.html
and doubt I will attempt it. Besides, if I wanted an emulated PDP, I
would have downloaded one.

I'm sure you know this, but running a software-simulated PDP on Windows
(or whatever) is a lot different than running a real PDP with an
emulated disk drive. The project above is to allow folks like you and me
to have some cheap reliable storage which allows us to play with our
*real* PDP's.
I agree that a "downloaded PDP" is not very interesting to a hobbyist.
It's for running legacy PDP software when you don't have appropriate HW.

Pete