On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Christian Corti wrote:

> > > You need a grant card in slot 9, too!

> > There is an M930 in slot 9, why would I need a grant card after the
> > terminator?

Because it is before the terminator. :-)

> Because slot 9 (C-F) is a normal quad slot like every other C-F slot. The
> terminator in A-B sits behind C-F. It doesn't really matter for the last slot
> in the system, but it is good practice to always put a grant card in unused
> slots, especially when using the M9302 terminator board.

Actually, it *does* matter. The grant continuity chain needs to be whole
all the way from the terminator to the CPU.
This is not like the Q-bus... However, you might not notice the problem
until you enable interrupts...

Johnny

Johnny Billquist || "I'm on a bus