Does anyone here have an 11/60? - VMS

This is a discussion on Does anyone here have an 11/60? - VMS ; I ewas just curious, because I never see these discussed. Does anyone on this list own a PDP 11/60? They seem to be very rare machines. "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and ...

  1. Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    I ewas just curious, because I never see these discussed. Does anyone
    on this list own a PDP 11/60? They seem to be very rare machines.

    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
    miss." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

    Julian Wolfe
    Help Desk and Macintosh Technician
    College of Lake County
    Tel: 847-543-2258
    Fax: 847-543-3258
    email: jwolfe@clcillinois.edu

  2. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Wolfe, Julian wrote:

    > I was just curious, because I never see these discussed. Does
    > anyone on this list own a PDP 11/60? They seem to be very rare
    > machines.

    I've never seen one. Perhaps they were rare to start with.

    The unique feature about them that I remember was that they supported
    user-written micro-code. If this was the primary reason for their
    existence, then it is not surprising to me that they would be rare.
    I don't think that there would be many applications that would require
    machine customizability (is that a word?) at that level.

    --

    Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
    G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (866)438-2101 (voice) toll free!

  3. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    Wolfe, Julian wrote:
    > I was just curious, because I never see these discussed. Does anyone
    > on this list own a PDP 11/60? They seem to be very rare machines.

    I have a backplane with boards and documentation, but no
    cabinet, other than the front panel/keypad part. It is
    one of those "round tuit" projects. :-)

    Alan

  4. Re: Does anyone here have an 11/60?

    I don't have an 11/60 at the moment, but there's one waiting for me
    that I need to go collect this month...

    -ethan

+ Reply to Thread