RE: Problems with 11/34A - VMS

This is a discussion on RE: Problems with 11/34A - VMS ; I was discussing this with Henk, and I think I've narrowed down the problem to the terminator - for some reason, instead of an M9302 at the end of the UNIBUS, someone put a M930 there. If anyone here has ...

  1. RE: Problems with 11/34A

    I was discussing this with Henk, and I think I've narrowed down the problem
    to the terminator - for some reason, instead of an M9302 at the end of the
    UNIBUS, someone put a M930 there. If anyone here has a spare M9302 they
    don't want, let me know, cause I need one. I know the bus grants are there,
    there's one in each D slot below each H222 card.

    Additionally, this is a 32K core machine straight out of the 11/34 manual,
    and the M930 is the only part out of place.

    LMK if you have any other suggestions!

    Thanks
    Julian

  2. Re: Problems with 11/34A

    I can probablly find you an extra terminator if you cannot find one
    locally.

    I have a similar but different problem reviving an 11/04, the Maint
    light comes on and the programmers console says 2 22. Anyone out there
    know what that means?

  3. Re: Problems with 11/34A

    I can probablly find you an extra terminator if you cannot find one
    locally.

    I have a similar but different problem reviving an 11/04, the Maint
    light comes on and the programmers console says 2 22. Anyone out there
    know what that means?

  4. Re: Problems with 11/34A

    jcwelch@hal-pc.org wrote:
    > I have a similar but different problem reviving an 11/04, the Maint
    > light comes on and the programmers console says 2 22. Anyone out there
    > know what that means?

    Something is really screwed up - MAINT should come on
    only after you press CNTRL-1 on the panel (and remain
    on until you press CLR). Check the cabling carefully,
    especially the M7263(unmarked male)-M7859(J2) 10-wire
    interconnecting cable (which can safely be removed if
    you don't need to use maintenance mode). It could be
    that the M7263 end was plugged in one position off,
    or reversed; I don't know what the symptoms would be.

    If the M7859(J1)-panel(J1) 10-wireinterconnecting
    cable were reversed on one end, all four indicators
    should have come on. I don't know what would happen
    if it were missing or one wire were broken.

    A power cable connects to the panel at different
    places depending on the BA11 box (-L uses J2, -K uses
    TB3..TB6). There should be *no* cable from either the
    M7859 or the panel to the backplane. (That's for the
    KY11-LA only.) I think the KY11-LB manual is on line
    at the bitsavers.org Web site; it covers all this.

+ Reply to Thread