Like I said in the past, I'd like to somehow link the message board system
into a PDP-11 configurator, (if for nothing else so people can see who has
what!) so it *will* be different from the newsgroups...I guarantee you that.

Frankly, I'd love to implement what you are talking about but there's no way
it could make any sense. First of all, you can't moderate an unmoderated
newsgroup just by gatewaying it into your own system, though I REALLY wish
that were the case. Second of all, the categories I have set up to keep
things organized would be for naught.

> Well .. I for one applaud Julian's forum ...
>
> I've had real problems posting directly in NGs last year due
> to a scumbag who stalked me around several NGs posting
> absolute trash - to the point I had to take my web pages down
> and stop posting except like this through the mailing list
> ... which is incomplete.
>
> I've had unreliable news feeds (thanks Rogers) and a news
> reader that decided it hit the wall and started losing posts.
> I haven't found a reader I like since.
>
> A web forum, at least is moderated ... doesn't suffer from
> incompletes or out of sync's on a server farm and doesn't
> require a newsreader and has a retention as long as Julian
> has the disk space and bandwidth.
>
> As I said in my intro post in Julian's forum ... the problem
> is that it's hard to get old dogs like us to accept new
> tricks ... not that we can't be taught them, but *will we
> ALLOW ourselves to be* taught them!
>
> Thanks Julian ...
>
> Stuart

Thanks for the kind words, Stuart!