Re: When was what end-of-life'd? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: When was what end-of-life'd? - VMS ; "Wolfe, Julian " writes: > I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at least > 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated technology by > then? I know they weren't still pushing ...

  1. Re: When was what end-of-life'd?

    "Wolfe, Julian " writes:

    > I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at least
    > 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated technology by
    > then? I know they weren't still pushing those with PDP11 units by then.

    KA10s and KI10s came with DECtape. KL10s and KS10s did not.

    ---Rob

  2. Re: When was what end-of-life'd?

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:31:56 -0500, "Robert E.Seastrom"
    wrote:

    >"Wolfe, Julian " writes:
    >
    >> I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at least
    >> 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated technology by
    >> then? I know they weren't still pushing those with PDP11 units by then.

    >KA10s and KI10s came with DECtape. KL10s and KS10s did not.

    Bzzzzzzzzz. KS10 - true. KL10 - false.

    Some KLs had RX02s to boot from, others had TU56 DECtapes, see:

    http://www.corestore.org/dec10.htm

    Generally the later ones, and all those branded '20' and built in
    corporate cabs, had RX02s. At least some of the earlier 'tallboy' KLs
    had DECtapes instead. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these *were*
    amongst the last systems shipped with DECtapes.

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    "All I know is that I'm being sued for unfair business practices by Microsoft. Hello pot? It's kettle on line two" -

+ Reply to Thread